Missing Malaysia airline.

Also lack of training might come into it too. I watched the episode of air crash investigation about the air France flight that took them 2 years to find. I was surprised to learn the reason of the crash was essentially down to pilot error and not knowing what to do in certain situations and being too reliant on the autopilot.

Coming in late but on pilots, yes, like all things, even property investors, alls re not equal.

A good friend of mine is qantas pilot. I asked him and he joked back "they are on holiday" but clearly had no idea or not willing to say. What he does say (often) is many airlines run at loss propped up by gov like Emirates, China etc... and when prices are that low, some thing has to cut back on. IF something goes wrong it is in that Gov interest to keep it hush hush.

A few years back a Emirate or Eitihad Jumbo could not lift off and damaged its tail with sparks etc... it had to go around and emergency land. The reason: wrong weight punched into computer. AKA pilot error.

Peter

Something similar was already posted by Tingtong but I highly doubt it was stolen to be used for something else.

Electrical malfunction
Loss of oxygen
All unconscious/dead
Airplane on autopilot continue until fuel runs out.

If it went east, search the triangle Malaysia, Alaska, Hawaii. If it went west, search between Perth and Madagascar. There is an increasing chance it will never be found.

Above was posted in March and to me it wins because:

It is simple and males sense

With what we now know, makes even more sense.

A pilot reckons yep and he makes sense.

And

Malaysian Airlines has had too many errors, corrections, questions, lack of replys to make you think they did not have hand in it, albeit it may small yet significant.

And does anyone else find it surprising that:

the pilot/s have immediately been questioned/blamed because OMG he had flight simulator, or he was muslim, or not a muslim or had a fight with someone..... yet highly advanced technical data like, last words, radar, tracking devices all seem to not be available until pushed or find otherwise by other nations?

So onto the cargo manifesto. For me the smoking gun...

Originally not realised,
The part released
Now released and admitting containing lithium batteries were on board, but "hey these are safe, unless the spontaneous combust , which they can, but they didn't",....but how can they say that if they have not found the plane?!?!?!?!

I subscribe to a pilot theory that is the simplest.
  1. Something in cargo (batteries???) caught on fire
  2. Pilots immediately went up very high , why? to starve fire of oxygen,
  3. Pilots needs to stop fire and set autopilot to nearest airport,
  4. Fire was chemical, they are were gassed,
  5. Autopilot U turned return to normal height.
  6. Now a Ghost plane
  7. Plane flies straight until it runs out of fuel and crashes in to ocean
  8. Will be found eventually as by catch of another activity

what do i know? Peter 14.7

Last edited:
I subscribe to a pilot theory that is the simplest.
  1. Something in cargo (batteries???) caught on fire
  2. Pilots immediately went up very high , why? to starve fire of oxygen,
  3. Pilots needs to stop fire and set autopilot to nearest airport,
  4. Fire was chemical, they are were gassed,
  5. Autopilot U turned return to normal height.
  6. Now a Ghost plane
  7. Plane flies straight until it runs out of fuel and crashes in to ocean
  8. Will be found eventually as by catch of another activity
That's what I was thinking too. Seems similar to an episode of air crash investigation that I saw a while ago.

it's odd.

if i was accused of killing someone, but there was no motive, no weapon and no body - i would be released and the person who made the accusation would be questioned.

here we have a missing plane, no motive for the crew to sabotage, no evidence of terrorism or bombs or accidents and no plane....

they havent even found the haystack let alone the needle. the ocean is a big place.
I heard someone mention the other week that areas of investigation were up to 5 MILES deep...that's miles - eight kilometres.

They are wasting their time, and everyone's money.

People always demand closure etc; the world is not fair, folks.

Let's move on (you media people who keep flogging it to death).

The only hope is that the plane was hi-jacked and is being kept hidden somewhere (as was mentioned as a possibility) although; why would the hijackers not have made a demand after this amount of time?

I heard someone mention the other week that areas of investigation were up to 5 MILES deep...that's miles - eight kilometres.

The only hope is that the plane was hi-jacked and is being kept hidden somewhere (as was mentioned as a possibility) although; why would the hijackers not have made a demand after this amount of time?

Im sure a new snowden or julian will reveal exactly what happened. Its 2014 how something this size can go missing is crazy.

New search zone to be announced soon . Experts in London still think the search zone is further to the south east than what was last searched due to information relating to the last satellite handshake as they call it .

I would think it very miserable weather in the southern ocean over the next few months especially . Still amazed how the ocean floor can be searched so quickly . ( three months to search 60,000 sq km )

I asked a air traffic controller friend and the talk is that the pilot turned everything off and ditched the plane. There are many theories and I guess none will be proven until they find the plane.

What is if was it was some kind of mechanical failure on the plane? What if discovering the reason of the disappearance was a design fault of boeing and by investigating they fix potential future issues on other planes that may be susceptible to the same thing.

Imagine if your wife and kids were flying on a plane that crashed due to a design fault only to discover later that it could have been preventable had it have been properly investigated.

Slightly related. I remember seeing this crash on the TV show Air Crash investigations --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_Airlines_Flight_981

My memory is a little fuzzy but from what I remember there was an issue with the cargo door and it blew out mid flight. The first time it happened there were no deaths but the investigations discovered that it was an issue on all DC10's which they did not properly fix. Then not sure how long later the same thing happened again but this time it killed all on board which was over 300 people. If the correct actions had have been taken then the plan would not have crashed.

It's all speculation, but what price to you put on a human life? Spend tens of millions now to find the assumed wreckage, investigate and find out what happened and apply that knowledge to prevent planes from crashing and people dying in the future? That's a good investment if you ask me.

I flew back from Vancouver on Sunday night, about Hawaii the passenger inflight screens died and we were left for 12 hours with no knowledge of where we were.

While it is possible that a pilot could rejig an old flight and show that on the screen I really missed not knowing where I was.

MH370 was flying at night and we did the same, after a quick snack, perhaps an hour or so, all the lights were turned down and majority went to sleep or rested. As it was dark outside we could have been anywhere and no one would have been any the wiser.

The search area is supposed to be covered by May .

I've read that many believe the plane could be intact on the ocean floor .

Possibly it may not be found at all and even if it is found what to do with recovery in five kilometres of water ?

Interesting observation; almost 100% of the time when a plane crashes in the ocean, there is debris that FLOATS....seats, suitcases, bits of the plane, bodies, and so on.

To this day, there has not been a single piece of debris washed up on any shore around the world, or spotted by a boat or plane...

Compare this to the recent plane that crashed at sea, and within days there was plenty of debris found floating.

Interesting observation; almost 100% of the time when a plane crashes in the ocean, there is debris that FLOATS....seats, suitcases, bits of the plane, bodies, and so on.

To this day, there has not been a single piece of debris washed up on any shore around the world, or spotted by a boat or plane...

Compare this to the recent plane that crashed at sea, and within days there was plenty of debris found floating.

Exactly BV.... the plane landed.

Back