Missing Malaysia airline.

So question is.........

Chinese have the best hackers in the world......and Russians have the best spy's in the world.........where is this plane?

So question is.........

Chinese have the best hackers in the world......and Russians have the best spy's in the world.........where is this plane?

Doesn't matter how good your sats and trackers are...if your looking in the wrong spot, you won't find anything. Now they adjusted their search parameters, they're finding things.

I checked out cnn news yesterday and a couple experts were answering questions with their opinions etc .

Someone asked if the plane flew until it ran out of juice how may it have landed or crashed into the ocean ? If it made it relatively intact and sunk there just may not be much debri at all to find ? May take years to find ...

Also no one would know for sure if it would have been daylight or not when it nosedived or landed into the ocean . That could have been critical if people were still alive at that time .

Also , if the plane was turned off course in a criminal act and the turns were done gently , I wonder if the passengers would have known what was going On at all ? That is a assuming no depressurisation . At least they may not have realised until late in the flight ?

Hate to think how much money has been spent looking over all that ocean ?

Not everything is about money. All those passengers have families. They need a closure.

I agree but I don't think PF is being callous, he is right in that it must be costing a lot of $$$$$$.

I am beginning to think the Malaysian government really stuffed up on this one, is it possible that the plane was still flying over the Indian Ocean while they were announcing it had crashed near Vietnam.

Something very weird going on IMO

I am beginning to think the Malaysian government really stuffed up on this one, is it possible that the plane was still flying over the Indian Ocean while they were announcing it had crashed near Vietnam.

Oh yeah.... Like why did they take two weeks to correct what the pilots last words were? Two weeks of rumours and theories that should have been avoided. I doubt it's a conspiracy, I'm guessing it's just terribly handled.

Sky News said each country is bearing their own cost for the search efforts. All countries have a search and rescue budget and most assets are from the military so incremental costs probably aren't that high. They already have the planes, ships and personnel so extra costs will mainly be fuel and extra shifts. I'm guessing the insurance companies need to find out the cause so they can shift blame to reduce payouts. Boeing and the insurers will probably stump up some cash in the long run as they have a strong interest in the recovery.

Good post Dex .

Can you imagine the horror of trying to evacuate a craft in the southern ocean , possibly in the dark ?

I wonder how really sure the experts are that the plane really did go the southern route into the Indian Ocean . Seems likely something could be found soon with all that hardware out there searching though .

A shed load!

But it's a 'real' training exercise. There's no hope of saving lives in this case. What those involved learn, may very well save lives in future events.

Every air-crash, or incident contributes to safer sky's. It might be identifying procedural faults in the humans who fly planes, or mechanical faults in the planes themselves.

The expensive investigation into the QANTAS A380 engine explosion resulted in half the worlds A380's getting a small part replaced so it wouldn't happen again and in RR making sure they manufactured that part correctly.

There was something interesting the other night on TV, which I hardly watch, but tuned in as it was all factual rather than speculative.

They were saying at some point, some of the blame will go to Malaysia Air traffic control. Failing to react to an unknown plane in their airspace, and did not scramble any jets from the air force to investigate the live unknown aircraft.

University researcher from Melbourne and US counterpart state it was a perfect crime. "It is no coincidence that the plane ended up at the deepest part of the world's oceans." In any event, sad situation all round.

But it's a 'real' training exercise. There's no hope of saving lives in this case. What those involved learn, may very well save lives in future events.

That's what I was thinking - as awful as it is for the families - it's nice, from a human perspective, to see the various militaries that, only a few years ago, were rattling sabres at each other working together in an "exercise" for good instead of war games

Absolutely.

I note that we went from a plane disappearing over a very 'international' area very close to many countries to now a suspected crash site and search effort that's basically in proximity to (under the control of?) a single US ally (Australia). I'm thinking the answer is more and more likely to be 'we couldn't find it, it's lost forever at the bottom of the ocean' and then perhaps we find it many years later when the masses are no longer interested. I mean, out of all the different paths that plane could have taken.

Probably just coincidence, but it's an interesting tin foil hat story.

Hhhhmmm the perfect crime . Knock off your co pilot and fly south into the remote depths of the Indian Ocean until fuel runs low and land as carefully as possible onto the water and let the plane sink relatively intact .

Could take years to find ....

I don't get the why ... Murder 240 good people to make a point ???

Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 now classified as a criminal investigation

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-now-classified-as-a-criminal-investigation/story-fniztvne-1226871783527

- Julian Swallow, Cindy Wockner in Kuala Lumpur, Kristin Shorten and AFP &
News Corp Australia - April 02, 2014

THE investigation into the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 has been classified as a criminal investigation, according to reports in the Wall Street Journal citing Malaysia?s police chief.

MALAYSIA ON THE ATTACK

This morning Malaysia revealed it would gather "false" media reports over the crisis and consider filing lawsuits.

Mr Hishammuddin said on his Twitter feed the country's attorney general had been instructed to "compile evidence and advise" on possible legal action.

Earlier in the day he was quoted by the Malay Mail newspaper as saying: "We have been compiling all the false reports since day one. When the time is right, the government should sue them."

The MH370 saga and resulting world attention has put Malaysia's long-ruling authoritarian government " which muzzles its own pliant mainstream press " in the unaccustomed position of having to answer tough questions from reporters.

The potential lawsuits emerged as Malaysian officials released the official transcript of the last conversation between the cockpit of MH370 and air traffic controllers before it vanished.

"The crew trusted their computers more than they trusted themselves"

I watch a lot of air crash investigation shows. There's been a couple lately that have focused on, or involved QANTAS planes.

The A380 incident out of Singapore - A1 skills of QANTAS pilots heralded for no fatalities.

An error in 737 's auto pilots leading to 2 crashes. A QANTAS plane experiences the same problems but the pilots can actually fly the aircraft and don't have to rely on a computer.

"The crew trusted their computers more than they trusted themselves"

Also lack of training might come into it too. I watched the episode of air crash investigation about the air France flight that took them 2 years to find. I was surprised to learn the reason of the crash was essentially down to pilot error and not knowing what to do in certain situations and being too reliant on the autopilot.

Looks like the AUV could be close to spotting some of the wreckage . Amazing the technology that Bluefin Robotics have developed to be able to search the ocean floor at 4695 metres . Now searching a city sized area . Fingers crossed !

Back