Missing Malaysia airline.

Having lived in Malaysia I can confidently say that given the choice between a conspiracy or bureaucratic incompetence I would go for the latter every time.

This is just how Malaysia operates. Those of us familiar with that country are not surprised at all.

Yep - an ex colleague of mine worked in the Malaysian government for a bit in the planning arm.

She saw very little corruption compared to other countries in the region. But far more ineptitude and incompetence.

If you're inferring they won't hand over the wreckage you certainly can't blame them after the incompetence we've seen from the Malaysians. The Chinese probably don't want them to stuff up the investigation so they'd rather do it themselves before handing anything over.

What's the chances of the Chinese handing over any wreckage back to the Malaysians?

**Conspiracy theory**

For some reason the plane lost the ability to communicate, transponder etc ceased to function. The pilot decided to turn around, Malaysian defence forces spotted unidentified plane flying low towards their country. Decided UFO posed threat, released a barrage of missiles. Ever since they have been busy trying to cover up what they have done.

**Conspiracy theory**

For some reason the plane lost the ability to communicate, transponder etc ceased to function. The pilot decided to turn around, Malaysian defence forces spotted unidentified plane flying low towards their country. Decided UFO posed threat, released a barrage of missiles. Ever since they have been busy trying to cover up what they have done.

Somehow I don't see Malaysian Defence Forces having a barrage of missiles on standby to launch at suspicious targets.

Be more like what happened with the Ethiopian Aircraft flying over Switzerland unauthorised recently. When the Swiss airforce were asked why it was not intercepted and interrogated by their aircraft they responded it was after hours and all their pilots had gone home.

In a previous life I worked in an area the subject of countless conspiracy theories. My opinion is to go for bungling over conspiracy every time.

Somehow I don't see Malaysian Defence Forces having a barrage of missiles on standby to launch at suspicious targets.

Be more like what happened with the Ethiopian Aircraft flying over Switzerland unauthorised recently. When the Swiss airforce were asked why it was not intercepted and interrogated by their aircraft they responded it was after hours and all their pilots had gone home.

In a previous life I worked in an area the subject of countless conspiracy theories. My opinion is to go for bungling over conspiracy every time.

Yeah. Human bungling and ineptitude is far more likely than any conspiracy.

And conspiracies never take into account the fake that humans have to do something without bungling it or spilling the beans.

Hi, I hadn't been following the news.

Probably the most accurate would be from the ground so I'll go to Facebook to see what the abang adik are saying. If there's anything interesting, I'll report back.

Re incompetence etc etc, it's what causes many people including yours truly to up roots and move to a neighbouring country to work.

KY

Another scenario presented by "US officials"
http://www.afr.com/p/world/malaysia_plane_may_have_stayed_hours_3gjH5DH58X9IA9xFsyV4OO

United States investigators suspect that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 stayed in the air for about four hours past the time it reached its last confirmed location, according to two people familiar with the details, raising the possibility that the plane could have flown on for hundreds of additional miles under conditions that remain murky.

The speculation could scotch the latest hopes of finding the plane after Chinese satellites spotted three bits of flotsam in the South China Sea and Malaysian Air Force planes were despatched to establish whether it is wreckage.

A total flight time of five hours after departing Kuala Lumpur means the Boeing 777 could have continued for an additional distance of about 2200 nautical miles, reaching points as far as the Indian Ocean, the border of Pakistan or even the Arabian Sea, based on the jet?s cruising speed.

It could also have reached North Korea.

Aviation investigators and national security officials believe the plane flew for a total of five hours based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777?s engines as part of a routine maintenance and monitoring program according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.

That raises a host of new questions and possibilities about what happened aboard the widebody jet carrying 239 people, which vanished from civilian air-traffic control radar over the weekend, about one hour into a flight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur.

Six days after the mysterious disappearance prompted a massive international air and water search that so far hasn?t produced any results, the investigation appears to be broadening in scope.

US counterterrorism officials are pursuing the possibility that a pilot or someone else on board the plane may have diverted it toward an undisclosed location after intentionally turning off the jetliner?s transponders to avoid radar detection, according to one person tracking the probe.

The investigation remains fluid, and it isn?t clear whether investigators have evidence indicating possible terrorism or espionage. So far, US national security officials have said that nothing specifically points toward terrorism, though they haven?t ruled it out.

But the huge uncertainty about where the plane was headed, and why it continued flying so long without working transponders, has raised theories among investigators that the aircraft may have been commandeered for a reason that appears unclear to US authorities. Some of those theories have been laid out to national security officials and senior personnel from various US agencies, according to one person familiar with the matter.

At one briefing, according to this person, officials were told investigators are actively pursuing the notion that the plane was diverted ?with the intention of using it later for another purpose.?

There is no way that plane could have flown for four extra hours without being picked up on come countries radar. That plane is in Davey Jones' Locker.

Something similar was already posted by Tingtong but I highly doubt it was stolen to be used for something else.

Electrical malfunction
Loss of oxygen
All unconscious/dead
Airplane on autopilot continue until fuel runs out.

If it went east, search the triangle Malaysia, Alaska, Hawaii. If it went west, search between Perth and Madagascar. There is an increasing chance it will never be found.

Something similar was already posted by Tingtong but I highly doubt it was stolen to be used for something else.

Electrical malfunction
Loss of oxygen
All unconscious/dead
Airplane on autopilot continue until fuel runs out.

If it went east, search the triangle Malaysia, Alaska, Hawaii. If it went west, search between Perth and Madagascar. There is an increasing chance it will never be found.

You could be right?

But it is completely crazy right? In a day where entire truck fleets are monitored by GPS, and the company knows how fast the truck is going and when it's going to arrive at a certain place? And this is just to make a company run more efficiently, only a bit to do with safety?

And yet here is a jet airliner with 200 plus people onboard gone somewhere that no one knows where? I just can't believe it could happen in 2014? The aviation industry is in for some more big changes after this. Just like after Sept 11 2001.

See ya's.

More conflicting news

Malaysia Airlines missing jet transmitted its location repeatedly to satellites over the course of five hours after it disappeared from radar, people briefed on the matter said, as searchers zeroed in on new target areas hundreds of miles west of the plane's original course.

The satellites also received speed and altitude information about the plane from its intermittent "pings," the people said. The final ping was sent from over water, at what one of these people called a normal cruising altitude. They added that it was unclear why the pings stopped. One of the people, an industry official, said it was possible that the system sending them had been disabled by someone on board.

WSJ has confirmed that the pilot had the ability to manually turn off the transponder on Flight MH370.

The people, who included a military official, the industry official and others, declined to say what specific path the transmissions revealed. But the U.S. planned to move surveillance planes into an area of the Indian Ocean 1,000 miles or more west of the Malay peninsula where the plane took off, said Cmdr. William Marks, the spokesman for the U.S. Seventh Fleet.

Watching cnn earlier it seems that some form of sabotage could be more likely . Hard to believe . With all the technology in use today it's just so hard to believe what has happened .

If it turns out that the plane was able to possibly land somewhere in the Andaman Islands out in the Indian Ocean and then refuel plus take off for Northern Pakistan or somewhere ....

Not crashed but stolen ?

Just speculating

Watching cnn earlier it seems that some form of sabotage could be more likely . Hard to believe . With all the technology in use today it's just so hard to believe what has happened .

If it turns out that the plane was able to possibly land somewhere in the Andaman Islands out in the Indian Ocean and then refuel plus take off for Northern Pakistan or somewhere ....

Not crashed but stolen ?

Just speculating

Yeah. Anyone who'd have suggested that 3 or 4 days ago wouldn't have been taken seriously. But now it is? Amazing.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/plane-w...st-hours-us-20140315-34tdz.html#ixzz2vznMJ2lq

Kuala Lumpur: The latest evidence emerging from the United States suggests that missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 was set on a deliberate navigational route in the opposite direction to its scheduled flight path, swinging the focus of police investigations back to the pilots, crew and passengers.

Evidence suggests that somebody with flying experience set the Boeing plane's route manually or programmed its auto-pilot so that it flew hundreds of kilometres off course into the vast expanses of the Indian Ocean.

Key evidence also indicates a gap of some minutes between the time the plane's transponder stopped and a messaging system cut out, lessening the likelihood of a catastrophic mid-air explosion.

Information about the changed route emerged as theories about the planes abrupt disappearance continued to swirl, perhaps none wilder than a tweet from News Corp chairman Rupert Murdoch.

He wrote: ??World seems transfixed by 777 disappearance. Maybe no crash but stolen, effectively hidden, perhaps in Northern Pakistan, like Bin Laden.??

This latest conclusion is the official Malaysian government view.

Which still leaves a lot of possibilities open.

I thought that since 9/11 it was impossible for anybody to enter the cockpit of a commercial airliner in flight.

Back