Money Seeds for Money Trees

Well, I’m finally sorting through boxes and boxes of paperwork to take to my long suffering Accountant, hoping to put my affairs in order so that the 2009 – 2010 Financial Year is unencumbered by the debris and detritus of years past.

And I came across a packet of Money Seeds, which one of my lenders had posted to me as a sales promotion some time ago.

The Money Seeds are in a typical seed packet – a picture of the grown tree on the front, and the map of Australia showing Growing Regions on the back, with All Year Round and Harvest notes, and tips on how to Cultivate, Germinate, Manage, Grow and Mature the seeds.

Very clever.

Which brings me to ask:

What are your Money Seeds and how do you tend to your Money Tree?

How did you get your first Money Seeds? When and where did you plant them and how long did it take your Money Tree to bear fruit?

My Money Seeds were from pocket money given to me by my Mother, added to with earnings from Saturday mornings at Coles Variety Store in West Heidelberg, added to and finally planted in a five acre block at Garibaldi, where they just about withered to death, but other Money Seeds planted in a townhouse in Ivanhoe grew well.

Different climate, I guess.

Over the years I have tried all sorts of Money Seeds, but the ones which grow best for me are the common or garden variety which don’t take much looking after. Weeds, really, they grow when I’m not looking.

Interestingly, every place I have owned has had the tallest trees in the neighbourhood, real landmark trees, even small places have always had tall trees. So I guess money really does grow on trees!

I don’t want to open the packet of Money Seeds. Like the story of the Rich Man and the Beggar with the nugget of gold, if we find something to be valuable it is, and if it is useless, it is.

So I shall put the Money Seeds with the other packets of seed on the shelf, where I can see it every day, and remind myself to keep on planting Money Seeds if I want to achieve a continuous harvest.

PS: Mike reckons it’s got beans in the packet, as in Jack and the Beanstalk beans. When we get to HOTTA we will open the packet and plant the Money Seeds / Beans and see what transpires. It would be just as much fun to climb a beanstalk - well, almost as much fun, as having a real Money Tree in the garden!

Cheers
Kristine

This is clever!

We saved our money seeds until we had enough for a deposit for a block of land in a regional city, with intent to build.

I knew the area well, having lived there, also knew 2 new schools were to be built, new industry was coming into the suburb, it was flourishing. I thought the land good value, (I knew nothing really!). It turns out it was good value, we built, leased it out for premium rent, and had great enough equity within 12 months to repeat.

Our money trees are regional ...it is a plant we are very familiar with, maybe it is correct they may not grow and reach great heights "quickly" but it is quick enough for us, it is something we know really well, and if an exceptional deal crops up, (which happens often enough), I'm there in the thick of it.

So our money trees, (residential property), are spread around regional cities/towns, we are still building a base of them, but will branch into commercial and businesses eventually. At the moment we have an amazing team working in the garden/paddocks, we have found a formula that works well and are just on repeat.:)

It is a mixture of newly constructed and already builts and a little land banking, but the common thread of each is "bought well". I think we might be getting maximum bang for our buck. The money trees are thriving, and we are having fun.

Back