Mono laser printer recommendation

Mono laser printer recommendation please.
I need a mono printer and would like to move away from inkjets

Also because of failure to update drivers, I will not purchase HP.

Replacement cartridge price is also a consideration
thanks in advance

Actually I've had a cheap $45 Brother laser for a few years, and it's still going well. It's had some heavy usage.

But, I think like most laser printers, the printer is cheaper than the refill cartridge. Some of the newer printers try to ensure that the cartridges can't be refilled, so before you make a decision, go to Cartride World to see if your printer's cartridges can be refilled.

Funny isn't it - I wouldn't use anything except a Brother printer, for me they seem to be the only brand that is reliable.

For refills we use inkstation.com.au - they were the cheapest I could find and overnight delivery.

For refills we use inkstation.com.au - they were the cheapest I could find and overnight delivery.

I bought from them for the first time about a month ago.

Next day delivery and was 30-40% cheaper than buying from the usual suspects.

I was very impressed.

I'm usually not organised to buy online. Generally I buy toner when it's not printing and I have something urgent :-(

Another Brother fan.

Have an MFC at home (only issue is the ubuntu driver supplied by Brother is a bit cactii)

My mum just bought one of these

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...ono-laser-printer-brhl1110?searchTerm=brother laser printer

The $40 includes a "starter cartridge" good for a few hundred pages.

Just saw this - seems rather stupidly cheap..... unless I am reading something wrong. :eek:

http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...no-laser-printer-fxdpp115b?searchTerm=brother printer

The toner looks about the same price as the brother too.

The Y-man

Join the chorus :)

Been using Brother MFC's for years, after seeing mine 3 friends and rellies have one as well :)

Not a laser though, as requested by thread starter.

Back