Moving To Brisbane from Sydeny/ where to buy?

I don't know what the suburb in Sydney is like that you come from but if it's any relevance my old boss moved from Bondi Beach to Manly in Bris. He's back in Sydney now.

I hope your old boss didn't move to Manly thinking it was remotely like Bondi :eek:.

If you are to have any hope of being happy or remaining in brisbane after comming from sydney and the shire i would not be venturing to far from the city 5-10km and not more than afew km from the river less than 5km dont go near the bayside suburbs every sydney sider i know ends up hating it and moving home. (this is comming from someone who grew up in cronulla and now lives in albion.) on the south side ide be looking bulimba to coorporoo but everthing directly opposite these suburbs on the north side wouldnt be to much drama either.

If you are to have any hope of being happy or remaining in brisbane after comming from sydney and the shire i would not be venturing to far from the city 5-10km and not more than afew km from the river less than 5km dont go near the bayside suburbs every sydney sider i know ends up hating it and moving home. (this is comming from someone who grew up in cronulla and now lives in albion.) on the south side ide be looking bulimba to coorporoo but everthing directly opposite these suburbs on the north side wouldnt be to much drama either.

Thanks Sparticus, I will look at Suburbs you have mentioned

Thanks everyone, I flew to Brisbane foe a quick visit.

Anything in the the redlands city area was not established enough for us.

The wife liked Manly(too expensive) and Wynnum( can afford but maybe not in the parts we like).

Other people suggested some other suburbs south of river. Found Brisbane is more expensive than we thought. If we can"t afford the house we want may buy a unit in the city and rent that out while we rent somewhere in the city.

Any more suggestions for housing areas rental to look at and areas to buy a unit sub 580k that will yield well.

Back