My Dad's Blog

Hi everyone,

My dad has just started up a blog.. nothing to do with investing... he has always wanted to be a writer, but has never been able to get published. So he thought he would start to share his stories for free.

The blog will have stories from his life as well as exerts from his fictional stories.

He is hoping to up date the blog weekly, so if you like what you see subscribe to it:)

Thanks everyone! the link is http://writershare.blogspot.com/

Love it!

Enjoying reading what your Dad writes, an interesting life alright, there are many like minded writer-bloggers in cyberspace too, you never know whose path may cross his/theirs...a very creative/supportive community.

He writes well, takes you there, you can almost visualise the boy and the journey.

On another note, what a brilliant idea for family, to do this, record this, stories from not only his creative side, but family history, to have and pass down to generations....and another aspect of discovering the person behind our Dads and Mums, brothers sisters for that matter.

Love it.

NB Self publishing? My Uncle wrote his life story and self published, to hand around to all of us, although he never electronic published..

some interesting FAQ

http://www.writing-world.com/publish/selfpub.shtml

hey thanks OO.... i am lucky that i know my dad will pass on all his stories. He is already passing them onto to his grandkids as well. He does write well.. but i guess years as an english teacher has helped that.

He has looked into self publishing, but i think money was an issue and also distribution. I think he did self publish his book Megadome... i can't remember now it was about 10 years ago.

I will pass on the link and your comments to dad.... i am sure he will be pleased.

Alabex, your dad can get published very easily these days. Check out www.blurb.com. He can migrate his blog into a book if he wants, and add photos etc.

I have published a small book through them and it is very simple, cheap and easy to use.

Back