My nephew has swine flu! Hmm.....

It's all another media beat up in my opinion. Another reason I have no respect for them. By the way I've been sick for about a month, I doubt it's the swine flu and I don't really care if it is.

We met with our kids teacher today for a parent teacher conference.

She said they quarantine the kids but not the teachers who teach them... but what are you going to do - shut down the school for the rest of the year?

In NSW teachers had to stay away too. I don't know how it worked with sick pay etc.

We (the teachers) tried to plan a weekend trip to Melbourne. :D

I'm secretly hoping to get swine flu, so my husband has to stay home from work for 7 days, and watch the kids....sounds like a holiday to me!

Public Health Officials have now admitted they over reacted. I was thinking that if people contracted swine flu through their work (eg Teachers, people in supermarkets, Doctors etc) then they should not have to use their sick leave, but they would lodge a workcover claim for a sickness incidental to work. That way, if things get did more serious for them, then they would be covered financially for as long as it took. I guess you would need to prove that you knew someone else in your work environment had the flu in order to do that. For those quarantined without having had the flu, then I suspect it would have simply been time on pay with no sick leave involved. Seems fair, even if you did get to woop it up during the week.:p

That system of quarantine was never going to work - everytime someone came down with the swine flu then that would mean a rolling period of leave from work. That could close the country down for the next 6 months!:mad: They just never thought it all out.

And how much Tamiflu have they used on what is a very mild strain. We will have none left if Bird Flu hits soon! I smell Drug Company influence here. I wonder if they have a lab in Mexico and accidentally swine flu got released?:rolleyes:

At least now they have called quarantine off. And by the way, recovery is more like three days - my nephew is back to normal after being diagnosed Tuesday!

The Government have just not handled this well. Singapore has sent out a travel advisory suggesting not to travel to Australia unless absolutely necessary! We should have done what most other countries have done - stopped testing; the way we have done it we have been targetted as swine flu hot spot.

Back