Nathan on Today Tonight

A few days away from the forum, and what a hot debate.

When I heard the ads, thought I bet this is Nathan, felt like it was someone I personally knew who was going to be on tv.

I say good on you. Do we have a spot of envy with all of these negative post?. Agree or diasgree Nathan has done well for himself, understatement of the year.

Hi Nathan,

How do you buy well under market value?

Do you negotiate really hard with every purchase to get a very good price? Or do you just put in a lot of low-ball offers and eventually someone goes for it?

If itś your negotiation skills, did you do anything to develop these skills? ie any books, courses, or just practice?

Thanks mate.

-Chris

Hi Deltaberry,

I am assuming thats a swing towards me? I talk in net worth not what a portfolio could be worth etc... If we want to look @ portfolio worth it is around $6.5mil.

$350,000 Thats how much I made from 2 renos this year in equity gains.

Today I started the negotiations on a multi unit development site (upto 60 units on it) in prime CBD real estate which is cashflow neutral at present on 2/3 of acre land. It should be a buy/resale in medium term with risk minimised to almost nill as there are so many other upsides.

I also noted you posted negative posts on another 10 other threads for all other people too so I feel your sharing the love" and its not just for me :)

No, you're being too sensitive.

I was actually talking to the person I quoted.

All very interesting that you're doing all this stuff, but not too sure what you're trying to say to me... are you asking me for some seed capital or soliciting me to sell you some of our prime CBD real estate for your plans?

No, you're being too sensitive.

I was actually talking to the person I quoted.

All very interesting that you're doing all this stuff, but not too sure what you're trying to say to me... are you asking me for some seed capital or soliciting me to sell you some of our prime CBD real estate for your plans?

I have no idea??

I think miscommunication in reading a post towards me.

Hi Nathan,

How do you buy well under market value?

Do you negotiate really hard with every purchase to get a very good price? Or do you just put in a lot of low-ball offers and eventually someone goes for it?

If itś your negotiation skills, did you do anything to develop these skills? ie any books, courses, or just practice?

Thanks mate.

-Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for message mate.

Actually I buy around 50% of the stuff I offer on, I never do unrealistic offers. I just have a system down pat. I always ask questions to the agent or seller and they answer me accordingly. It is how they answer these as to where I lead the coversation.

I am unsure of any courses on this area of expertise.

Its all about asking questions not about going on a low ball spree. Funny enough agents tell me how bad things are and i am over positive, I need to keep my poker face on and agree with them and be their knight in shining armour to take on such a property :)

Whether it be a problem location, market, or just situation I find the best solution to the vendor from hearing the information told to me.

Congratulations Nathan, amazing stuff as usual :D

Not just your investing and renovation skills, but the way you handle the pathetically jealous responses :eek: You're like my idol dude... will you have my baby? Wait, what, no that was the damn auto correct on this stupid iphone, ignore that bit.

It's a shame you didn't get to plug your website and services :( Anyone of us would have if we had the chance, guaranteed.

I can't imagine where you might be in ten years :eek:

It's a shame you didn't get to plug your website and services :( Anyone of us would have if we had the chance, guaranteed.

I didn't see the show- but you could have your web page address printed on a shirt or cap that you or your workers are wearing when they film you.

I love comments from all of you jealous non believers. No big deal ayyy
He only has like 34 properties and buying prob 2 more every month. But HEY he cooks all his estimates and his strategy also sucks. This guy for sure doesnt know what he is doing. I bet he has connections at API,YIP, Chanel 9,Sunday Telegraph etc... thats why he is always in the media. So dont try and replicate what he does cause if you do you might be worth 3.5million.

Sorry for the sarcasm but its frustrating reading some comments. I believe in replicating someones success or learning from there road to riches. At this stage I dont believe Nathan cooks the numbers.

This is my view.

Best wishes to all.

i think y'all need to back up a lil' bit.

1) TT contacted Nathan, not the other way around.
2) 2UE contacted Nathan, not the other way around.
3) once he is in the spotlight he will be questioned from all sides.
4) Nathan buys property for what agents sell them for. If you think he's lowballing, ask the agent why they agreed with his price.
5) There is no crime in making a profit out of hard work.

It's funny but if he reno'd these places himself; nailed every nail, painted every wall, he's be a "battler". But because the labour is hired an it's getting semi-autonomous now, he's a "shark".

I cannot believe my ears that in a land like Australia where we are practically tripping over opportunity, there are still knockers out there - and a lot of them.

If you want to knock the process, here's some reminders.

1) if you think the rent should be cheaper, then buy it and reno it yourself. You could own it for less than the cost of rent.
2) If you think Nathan gets these houses too cheap, then YOU go find them and take the risk and renovate them and then make a nice high offer and then make a profit off it.

I cannot believe my ears that in a land like Australia where we are practically tripping over opportunity, there are still knockers out there - and a lot of them.

The reason why Knockers knock is because, some how in their twisted minds, it's the only way they can justify why they cant be bothered to get off their own asses and doing something constructive for themselves.

They dont like seeing other people get ahead so they try and pull those people back down to where they are in an effort to make themselves appear not as bad as they really are.

They are lazy with the world owes them a living attitude and if it took any physical effort on their part moving from today into tomorrow they all would be living in yesterday and still are!

Last edited:
There are some interesting posts and some not-so-pretty colours showing from some forumites.

I'm with Aaron & Rixter. You make your own luck in life and those of you who feel the need to belittle someone who has gone and done what you can/will not do should feel ashamed of yourself.

There are some interesting posts and some not-so-pretty colours showing from some forumites.

I'm with Aaron & Rixter. You make your own luck in life and those of you who feel the need to belittle someone who has gone and done what you can/will not do should feel ashamed of yourself.

Ditto...jealousy will get you nowhere....One more time, I will say that I questioned Nathan's nunbers once before but he proved them and his success is paramount to the ability of a person to "have a go"....nothing more nothing less.
Congratulations nathan...only disclaimer I have is I don't watch TT or ACA or 60Mins....but good to see the other side of the story being shown. Well done.:)

I missed the TT segment

Nathan

Good onya mate, I haven't seen the segment but I have read the majority of your posts on SS.

You have the guts to buy and repair/reno IP's that others aren't interested in.

Continue to be guided by your dreams not other people's fear and envy.

Cheers
Sheryn

I don't. The thought terrifies me, quite honestly. Buying a hole and making it rentable? I mean, what sort of a loser would do that for a living? It must be so hard!
Unless you're the N-man!

Go, baby, go, go! You know we're right behind you!

wow a few people having a bad hair day.

Again nathan, congratulations, and your posts serve as a great inspiration that even though there might be strong debates about the overall property market, there are always opportunities for those prepared to do the ground work.

Back