Negative people

Just getting back to the people who pointed out that others claim everyone needs to be positive and yet they are sometimes sad too. Can't speak for anyone else, but when did I say eveyone must be positive all the time? Please point out in any of my posts where I made that statement. For me, taking responsibility has nothing to do with positivity. Trying to be constantly positive is not only ridiculous it can also be dangerous.
(Hypothetical) example: I'm in a foul mood. My mother has just lost her fight with cancer over the last ten years. What am I gonna do? Walk around with a large smile on my face pretending I'm happy? Of course not! For me personally, the ideal situation here is to grieve and express that grief while making an attempt to look toward the future and celebrate life. It's not everyone's solution, but it's mine and I stand by it. (Note: this is NOT a true story - my mum is still alive and very healthy).
I've said since I was young that I didn't want people to mourn me at my funeral, rather celebrate life and what it has to offer. Will that actually happen? I don't know, I have no control over that, but in my opinion it is possible to mourn the passing of a loved one and understand and embrace the beautiful sacredness of life at the same time.

Back