Negligent PM. What can be done?

Hi ya Skater.

Who did you end up transferring to? (If you dont mind me asking).

Regards
Marty

We ended up going with "The Professionals". They have an office in St Mary's & Rooty Hill. They answered all my questions the way I wanted & I haven't heard anything negative about them.

I did get a few other suggestions, some of which appeared good, but this one did appear the best. Only time will tell if it was a good choice or not.

Good luck with it Skater & B.H.

Hopefully the new PM will bring an end to all of the problems with that particular I/P.

You guys have more important things to be focussing on, like upcoming skating tournaments :)

Regards
Marty

The non paying tenants must have thought they'd hit the jackpot, must have thought it was strange they stopped paying rent and didn't get a letter to remedy the breach.

Gosh! Either I'm just slow (cos tis v early), or I need that first cup of coffee urgently. It's just dawned on me that Bargain Hunter is the Skater-mate!

Tribunal Result

Geoff,

Getting the thread back on track....

Today we went to tribunal and the REA has been ordered to pay the outstanding money around $7,500 (they did not attend). If this is not received by the end of the month the next stage is to get a certified money order from the Tribunal and lodge a request through the local court to enforce the order.

Will keep you informed of the progress.

Regards

Andrew

Geoff,

Getting the thread back on track....

Today we went to tribunal and the REA has been ordered to pay the outstanding money around $7,500 (they did not attend). If this is not received by the end of the month the next stage is to get a certified money order from the Tribunal and lodge a request through the local court to enforce the order.

Will keep you informed of the progress.

Regards

Andrew

Well done Andrew,

You must be relieved you've at least got an order in your favour. Be good when the cold hard cash arrives into your account!!

Have the tenants started paying again, or was it a case of the agent not passing the money through to you??

Regards Jason.

BH

Well done.

I guess it must be rare for a REA to have a tribunal order against them. But it's good to know that their shortfalls can also be held accountable in the tribunal process.

The RE Agency needs a thorough audit. Dept of Fair Trading may oblige where it appears serious breaches of the law may have occurred. A licence to operate as a REA and operate Trust accounts both carry legal obligations and penalties for breaches. Sounds like the PM and licencee may have a lot to answer for.
good luck
cheers
crest133

Says a lot for their standard of care,
that they couldn't turn up for a hearing where they were the respondent.
Now that you have a judgement, are you going to tell everyone who they are?
Cant be considered defamatory if the tribunal agrees with you, and payback is the best part of the battle

I'll answer this one on behalf of Andrew

You must be relieved you've at least got an order in your favour. Be good when the cold hard cash arrives into your account!! Won't hold my breath.

Have the tenants started paying again, YES or was it a case of the agent not passing the money through to you?? YES

Regards Jason.
There was a lot of things that were going wrong, & the longer I waited to transfer the management over (I wanted the mess sorted out first) the worse it got.

This is some of the problems:

Difference in amount credited to bank account to what was on the statement.
Non issue of statements.
Telling one tenant not to make rent payments as they would personally send someone to collect the rent each week (tenant does not own a car)
Non issue of termination orders
Over charging of management fees.
Non lodgement of bond.

This list goes on, but you get the drift.

There was another Agent at the Tribunal who has picked up a few Managements from this Agency & she mentioned that she was under the impression that they were in Liquidation, so I don't know if we will see the money. :mad: Only time will tell.

Back