Neighbour Whinging About Noise from Renovations

Having read all the posts, I believe that some people have no respect for others.

With all our renos we advise those we believe will be affected prior to the works and keep to the local councils regs.

At the end of the project I thank everyone for putting up with the reno.

In the last one, seeing it was an apartment and the guy downstairs allowed us to work until 10pm, he got a case of beer as a thank you.

Have some respect for those around you if you expect ypour tenants to have the same.

I have never been disrespectful to my neighbour? I stopped working at 6.30 to make him happy even though I could have worked to 7.pm which is the law. So back off and find someone else to ***** to.

That is an attack and a false accusation from what I read, I don't see where the OP has broken any laws or tramped over other people? It seems to me he handled the situation quite fairly and from what he has written, it was the neighbour who was the pushy and impolite one.

I think people need to chill out a bit, what's all this pointing the finger rubbish? Why not be nice kids and provide some tips and advice and not always try so hard to put others down that might be still learning. These sort of threads put people off coming here to ask questions and seek advice. Maybe we should have told the OP to stop working and go on Newstart like the neighbour and then we could all start abusing them for bludging? :rolleyes:

No wonder my friends say this forum is full of a****** and they don't bother coming here anymore!

thanks, well said!

Having undertaken several renos I can understand that you just want to get it over and done with it.

However, the very fact that your neighbour came to complain to you at 6.30pm 2/3 into the reno might be an indication that you are bothering your neighbour.

The fact that you had to ask what regulations you need to follow 2/3 into the reno might also indicate that you have no respect.

What I and some of the others are simply trying to do is to give you another persons perspective.

You should not be posting questions and expect for people to support only your point of view when there are other ways of handling a situation.

If you cannot be bothered to listen and perhaps take into consideration to what has been said, well that is up to you.

Having undertaken several renos I can understand that you just want to get it over and done with it.

However, the very fact that your neighbour came to complain to you at 6.30pm 2/3 into the reno might be an indication that you are bothering your neighbour.

The fact that you had to ask what regulations you need to follow 2/3 into the reno might also indicate that you have no respect.

What I and some of the others are simply trying to do is to give you another persons perspective.

You should not be posting questions and expect for people to support only your point of view when there are other ways of handling a situation.

If you cannot be bothered to listen and perhaps take into consideration to what has been said, well that is up to you.

well the fact is I came here to ask for info and that is what I wrote in my first post. I was surprised that he complained as I honestly thought it was not loud at all. If you ever get a chance to turn on one of these tiny sanders you would see how quiet they are. I guess that there was some vibrations I did not detect going through to his downstairs unit. In fact I thought the only people that would be bothered in the slightest would be next door but there is no one there as it's waiting for new tenants to move in soon.

I'm always happy to hear feedback and people to tell me I was in the wrong if done respectfully and in good taste. I only wrote all the details in my first post so others could understand the full situation more and as a writer I do like to make it slightly entertaining to read as well. Next time I will keep in direct to the point and no frills like"
Neighbour is complaining and moaning about noise, what are the rules when it comes to renovations in NSW?

there, then people would not be so judgmental and jump to conclusuions.

well............

that sounds ideal :)

Maybe thats what the neighbours are really jealous about, not the noise at all.

t
rolf

well thanks for the humour, unfortuanly the thread became very serious and I overlooked this.

All I want to do is get this job finsihed and get the "fudge" out of here and be back on my island with my girlfriend, "fudge" this bs and I'm so over been here in Australia with so many whingers & people that have nothing better to do than put people down and judge people. It seems to be a favorite past time for Aussies these days online but the funny thing is they are don't say boo in real life but behind their pc screens they become keyboard commando's :rolleyes:.

well I'm even more motivated to get this job done super fast now and thanks for the inspiration that members here have given me and got my blood boiling, I'm working even faster now :)

Sheesh - ask an opinion - don't get the answer you want - throw a tanty.

Didn't see anyone on here whinging, putting down or being nasty ... I thought they were (just about) all respectful replies about "courtesy for neighbours" and "respect for other people".

Unfortunately - worldwide - courtesy and respect seems to have gone out the window and replaced by "what's in it for me" ... which leads to whinging because everyone is "what's in it for me" and not showing any courtesy and respect.

As shown by Dazz (and others), a bit of courtesy and respect leads to no whinging.

Back