New Blinds

I'm currently doing a mini makeover of my new IP. Freshly painting throughout and replacing some of the blinds.

I've found I can order ready made blinds on the internet quite cheaply - only problem is the ready made blinds are a few cm too short for one of my windows.

My window (bedroom) is 216cm and the maximum drop of the blind (white wooden venetian) is 210cm. I can get a custom made blind which will be a few cm's longer for an extra $90.

Do you think a couple of cm's will matter? It's a ground level, full length window in a prominent position (ie first thing you see when you walk in the room).

Thanks

Maybe I could lower the top of the window by inserting a piece of wood up the top.

Or a pelmet on top of the blind.

The ones we have at home all have a 90mm pelmet that hangs of the blinds with metal clips. We had a problem with some windows where instead on the metal clips we use Velcro to attach the pelmet (glued the Velcro on both the blind and the inside of the pelmet). In this way we are able to raise of lower the pelmet without reference to the top of the blind.

Cheers

Thanks Jamie.

I saw your post about that website on another thread. I've ordered 3 new blinds from them.

I got the shorter length and will just hope it looks ok.

Unless its a true fixed length (ie, verticals or curtains) you'll find there'll be a few cm spare at the bottom so you should be ok.

I think we paid $1300 for white blinds to our ppor - from bunnings including installation. Handyman trimmed them and hung them for us as I am pretty useless at handyman stuff. Getting rid of the brown and replacing with these and painting the house antique white from previously poo yellow and changing door handles to silver has made a huge difference.

I think we paid $1300 for white blinds to our ppor - from bunnings including installation. Handyman trimmed them and hung them for us as I am pretty useless at handyman stuff. Getting rid of the brown and replacing with these and painting the house antique white from previously poo yellow and changing door handles to silver has made a huge difference.

I've ordered some from the website Jamie recommended. 3 largish white wooden venetian blinds for about $500. They will be replacing some hideous pink and mission brown venetians.

I've also painted the house antique white - was previously yellow.

I'd really love to replace the green carpet as well.... :rolleyes:

I'm currently doing a mini makeover of my new IP. Freshly painting throughout and replacing some of the blinds.

I've found I can order ready made blinds on the internet quite cheaply - only problem is the ready made blinds are a few cm too short for one of my windows.

My window (bedroom) is 216cm and the maximum drop of the blind (white wooden venetian) is 210cm. I can get a custom made blind which will be a few cm's longer for an extra $90.

Do you think a couple of cm's will matter? It's a ground level, full length window in a prominent position (ie first thing you see when you walk in the room).

Thanks

You could undo the cords at the bottom and insert the blades from another similar blind to make it longer.

Haha - it makes me wonder what people were thinking at the time. We recently replaced the blue carpet in our current PPOR.
My inlaws just replaced their old and quite worn greenish carpet with .. blue. To match the blue walls I suspect.

Not sure what they were thinking.

I installed my new blinds today - they look great! Very happy.

Turned out I didn't need to do anything - the blinds had about 3 extra slats at the bottom anyway.

Attachments

• Old blind bed 1.JPG
    Old blind bed 1.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Old Blinds.JPG
    Old Blinds.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 92
  • New Blind Bed 2.JPG
    New Blind Bed 2.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 95
Back