New feature - Links Database

Sim

Administrator
I have added a new feature to the forum - a links database.

This is essentially a facility which allows users to add links to websites with a description of what the site is about. There have been various categories created to help people find information that is of interest to them. There is also a rating system so that people can give each link a rating based on how useful they find it.

Please check it out and add some links to sites that you find useful. Don't worry if you put it in the wrong spot, the moderators can move it for you. If you think of other categories we could add, just let me know.

The database should be considered experimental for now, I believe that it may require a bit more work to get it just right for our needs, but try it out and see how you go.

Great idea!

Any chance of including a category where people can deposit their nifty spreadsheets etc so they are all contained in the one spot?

Currently if you miss the post ('cos your a new member etc) you miss seeing the file, and not knowing it exists you can't search for it!

Cheers
Olly

If you can't work out how to add a link - it's simple... go to the category you want to add the link to and then click on the links drop-down menu (just above the category heading) and select "Add Link"

Back