New Stockland development in Banjup, Perth

My sources tell me that Stockland are in financial strife and there is a very good chance this subdivision will be done on the cheap. Would give it a miss.

Hmm...I heard from one builder that they will be premium priced similar to New Haven. Hope you are right ! I am also looking for this one. My hopes of finding a lot in Aubin Grove are over now

My sources tell me that Stockland are in financial strife and there is a very good chance this subdivision will be done on the cheap. Would give it a miss.

Hmm...I heard from one builder that they will be premium priced similar to New Haven. Hope you are right ! I am also looking for this one. My hopes of finding a lot in Aubin Grove are over now

I got the impression "done on the cheap" meant shoddy work, not bargain prices...

hi 4WD,

the location is along Armadale Road, opposite Aubin Grove. it is next to some big retailers e.g Bunnings and Good Guys. Its like a business park.

went to the website last night and it would be handy if Stockland underlines 'aerial photo'.

I have attached the aerial photo here.

note: I have no vested interest in this development.

Hi. I am also new to this forum and found it by doing some research on this estate. I received the attached estate plan today through my registration of interest with Stockland. My only concern is the starting range for block prices. I'm wondering if it will be a case of first in best dressed or wait and see.

Attachments

• Our_Community.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 407
Hi,

Any news on the progress of this development. I am looking for a 350sq m block, looking to build a 4X2 House. My budget is 470k. I dont know how the prices of block will be at Calleya and when will the release actually happen. Any info from anyone would be great.

Regards,
AK

I imagine most of the lots, including the smaller ones, will be $300k plus. So it might be a bit too tight for a 4x2 for $470k

Anyone else go the information sessions yesterday? They were running every hour in the afternoon apparently.

I was at the first one and there were seriously at least 200 people - the tent they set up was packed and overflowing.

The lots are a lot cheaper than I thought they would be. I'm trying to figure out if they are good value or not.

Anyone else go the information sessions yesterday? They were running every hour in the afternoon apparently.

I was at the first one and there were seriously at least 200 people - the tent they set up was packed and overflowing.

The lots are a lot cheaper than I thought they would be. I'm trying to figure out if they are good value or not.

What sort of price and size were they talking?

Cheers

The typical ones are 375sqm and go for $259k, as well as $284k for 450sqm.

The most expensive one is a 603sqm corner lot for $319k and cheapest a 313sqm for $235k

The typical ones are 375sqm and go for $259k, as well as $284k for 450sqm.

The most expensive one is a 603sqm corner lot for $319k and cheapest a 313sqm for $235k

The one part we need to consider is the extra Construction cost that comes with the lots released. Since native Bushland is close by, bush fire assessment comes into factor and also the Aircraft Noise.

"Approximate Costs
It is estimated that the additional construction requirements will add up to $25,000* to the
cost of constructing your home."

This is straight from Calleya team.

Thus I believe the lots though seem cheap but overall it will be premium once the build is completed. This is what my understanding is at this moment.

as akmirror mentioned, sounds like the developer has considered the additional requirements for its proximity to the airport and bushland.

near bushland, what are the special requirements?

near airport, not sure if the extent is as far as the one for Perth airport, I have attached the insulation requirements for residential construction (see executive summary) near the domestic and international airport here, for those interested. did the calleya sales staff mentioned about such a similar report for the estate?

http://www.planning.wa.gov.au/dop_pub_pdf/aircraft_noise.pdf

I remember the blocks (we nearly bought one) in Boronia along Hammond Road (last stage I think) were going for about $265,000 for 450m2 block in 2009/2010.

What a mess during online registration

I was waiting for the email @8PM as soon as I received the email I clicked on registration link and entered the code.

I never got to submit code i got error saying "Internal server error occurred. Please try again later"

What a mess! and annoying for genuine buyers.

I kept on trying and finally I was able to submit the code @9:00 PM

Obviously i wont get a call but what a shitty and unfair system.

I am not sure if anyone else had the same issue.

Hi Guys,

My mate got a call from Calleya regarding the block. He was successful @8P.M with that link thing. They booked him for an appointment. But he told me that they ask for 10k deposit and unconditional contract to be signed. That means if come settlement, my mate loses his job or for any other reason, his finance does not go through, he would not be getting the 10k. Is this fair ? Does he only lose 10k or more than that ? Any idea!!!

yes it will be extremely fair. it is not the developers problem, nor should it be, if your friend loses his job or cant get finance. there is an inherent risk to such purchases. it sounds like theyre putting pressure on him to sign the contract immediately which isnt good though.

if it is a standard O&A form then sure, pretty basic but it may have a whole host of conditions he wants to understand first.

maybe ask them for the contract prior to the meeting so that he can go through and confirm he is happy with it. ultimately with such a shortage of land developers can call the shots

This is a fair call. Stockland has clearly mentioned they want serious buyers (who are confident about finance) and its really up to the developer anyway.

So all of you guys were able to submit the code on time?

This is a fair call. Stockland has clearly mentioned they want serious buyers (who are confident about finance) and its really up to the developer anyway.

So all of you guys were able to submit the code on time?

I submitted my code at around 9pm (my own fault).

I didn't get a call yesterday though :(

it seems only those that log on the first ten seconds when it opened gets a call from them. the server crashed after 30 seconds anyway.

overall, i think the whole system sucks, big time. there is simply no transparency in the process. it is creating more frustration for the potential buyers.

but i suppose the developer has achieved its goal and that is to create as much hype as possible.

Off Stocklands

I was on my pc 8pm Tuesday. One second and link wasn't taking code? I had errors for over one hour. By 9pm success. To release a total 39 lots with todays demand in my opinion is disgraceful and BAD marketing. What would the developer and public except?? I am so disgusted with my reply of a 2 day contact period and the way Stocklands have control of the market on this particular property venue. That I WILL look elsewhere with other future developments planned with rail access, no bushfire and noise restrictions, a lesser dictated building criteria, better buying ability, A lesser risk on deposit funds, and a no wait for titles,(taking the cost of rent into mind also). Why bother with Stocklands. A company that deasl with it clients and the public in this manner is not to be accepted. Its disappointing that Stocklands have gained an unwanted reputation with the marketing of this development. I would not deal with them nor recommended them. When other properties are cheaper, easier to obtain, and to be honest are in just as good location. Maybe take another look at this Calleya and really do the sums. Maybe not such a good deal.

Back