New Stockland development in Banjup, Perth

I was on my pc 8pm Tuesday. One second and link wasn't taking code? I had errors for over one hour. By 9pm success. To release a total 39 lots with todays demand in my opinion is disgraceful and BAD marketing. What would the developer and public except?? I am so disgusted with my reply of a 2 day contact period and the way Stocklands have control of the market on this particular property venue. That I WILL look elsewhere with other future developments planned with rail access, no bushfire and noise restrictions, a lesser dictated building criteria, better buying ability, A lesser risk on deposit funds, and a no wait for titles,(taking the cost of rent into mind also). Why bother with Stocklands. A company that deasl with it clients and the public in this manner is not to be accepted. Its disappointing that Stocklands have gained an unwanted reputation with the marketing of this development. I would not deal with them nor recommended them. When other properties are cheaper, easier to obtain, and to be honest are in just as good location. Maybe take another look at this Calleya and really do the sums. Maybe not such a good deal.

Ditto. I didnt expect such bad system of allocation from Stockland. They will never get genuine buyers if this continues.

Yes true, A few more lot releases and a sectional time with email listings would have decreased the server overload. Lets face it, they do have the infrastructure on site to accommodate a solution to the many expressing their disappointment on this forum. A reflection to add to stocklands reputation.

Calleya offer

Hi,

At 8:00 PM, I clicked the link and send the code word inside 30 seconds and got submitted message. Got a call yesterday from Calleya. I am sorry to hear that there was error afterwards.

My main problem now starts because they ask for 10k deposit and have to sign unconditional contract not subject to finance even at this initial stage. :eek: So I am confused what to do and feel like being exploited to be honest.

So I am not happy even if I got the call from Calleya:mad:

I was on my pc 8pm Tuesday. One second and link wasn't taking code? I had errors for over one hour. By 9pm success. To release a total 39 lots with todays demand in my opinion is disgraceful and BAD marketing. What would the developer and public except?? I am so disgusted with my reply of a 2 day contact period and the way Stocklands have control of the market on this particular property venue. That I WILL look elsewhere with other future developments planned with rail access, no bushfire and noise restrictions, a lesser dictated building criteria, better buying ability, A lesser risk on deposit funds, and a no wait for titles,(taking the cost of rent into mind also). Why bother with Stocklands. A company that deasl with it clients and the public in this manner is not to be accepted. Its disappointing that Stocklands have gained an unwanted reputation with the marketing of this development. I would not deal with them nor recommended them. When other properties are cheaper, easier to obtain, and to be honest are in just as good location. Maybe take another look at this Calleya and really do the sums. Maybe not such a good deal.

This developer has people SCRAMBLING to buy a block, fighting over online codes and god knows what else. they will probably sell out in 24-48 hours based on what you guys are saying so id argue their marketing has been spot on.

You have no idea why they are only doing 39 lots atm, it could be funding reasons or perhaps they feel that land is going to increase in value so they will trickle it out.

There are 7 posters who signed up just to discuss this development and most of you want to buy in here or are at least seriously considering it, imagine just how inundated with demand Stockland is. I'd be surprised if they cant sell blocks for 5-10% more than todays price in just 3 months.

Marisa.....I think Collier is a mid level builder....there are other builders who are cheaper in Perth....but the heart ache is not worth it!

They also have 3 levels of finishes. I chose the mid level finish. Their top spec is quite good. Collier homes in Sydney is Huxley homes (same company)...their display home in Kellyville to construct would cost $750k!

Read posts by those who are doing this already/today, one member is Sash but there are others. just do a search. Sash is now building in Wellard, Lakelands, he has a formula where he uses the cheapest builder Collier and then specs it up. The rent covers the loan.

This developer has people SCRAMBLING to buy a block, fighting over online codes and god knows what else. they will probably sell out in 24-48 hours based on what you guys are saying so id argue their marketing has been spot on.

You have no idea why they are only doing 39 lots atm, it could be funding reasons or perhaps they feel that land is going to increase in value so they will trickle it out.

There are 7 posters who signed up just to discuss this development and most of you want to buy in here or are at least seriously considering it, imagine just how inundated with demand Stockland is. I'd be surprised if they cant sell blocks for 5-10% more than todays price in just 3 months.

Sanj, The trickle of releases keeps shareholders happy with ingoing divides ASX, it gives the developer a feel to the market in regards to pricing which again all effects the buyers,... who is really of no importance, other than the being the financial providers. !!! My gripe, isnt criteria, pricing etc. Its the approach Stocklands marketed this new release with regards to supply and demand. And the presentation at the tent wasnt any better. The main speaker would have a appeared better without talking to the crowd with his Albert Costello Sunglasses on, obviously the newest rock star high flyer. I geniunely feel for the younger ones, Im not in that position,(at my age finances are not a issue to me anymore) but many of the ones wishing to start out are. How sad.

Sanj, The trickle of releases keeps shareholders happy with ingoing divides ASX, it gives the developer a feel to the market in regards to pricing which again all effects the buyers,... who is really of no importance, other than the being the financial providers. !!! My gripe, isnt criteria, pricing etc. Its the approach Stocklands marketed this new release with regards to supply and demand. And the presentation at the tent wasnt any better. The main speaker would have a appeared better without talking to the crowd with his Albert Costello Sunglasses on, obviously the newest rock star high flyer. I geniunely feel for the younger ones, Im not in that position,(at my age finances are not a issue to me anymore) but many of the ones wishing to start out are. How sad.

Hey I'm disappointed I missed out too - but I'm not sure what you are trying to say? Are you blaming Stockland for looking out for their own business interests? Or just having a general vent?

Hey I'm disappointed I missed out too - but I'm not sure what you are trying to say? Are you blaming Stockland for looking out for their own business interests? Or just having a general vent?

I was just thinking the same thing. Not quite sure about buyers being the financial providers either

Marisa.....I think Collier is a mid level builder....there are other builders who are cheaper in Perth....but the heart ache is not worth it!

They also have 3 levels of finishes. I chose the mid level finish. Their top spec is quite good. Collier homes in Sydney is Huxley homes (same company)...their display home in Kellyville to construct would cost $750k!

Hi Sash
I checked this builder about 8 years ago so perhaps my views are off the mark today, I went onto their site recently, they don't do more than 1 build, don't do strata builds, otherwise I would get a quote for my current build in Spearwood.

I have become pretty anal because I worry about my competition when selling, I just don't know how much stock will be on the market when selling so I want to make sure my properties stand out. If I was holding all my stock would not be at all worried as long as the design was right.

I don't want to know anything about your Syd builders, what's is wrong with them, maybe they have too much work, I am killing myself trying to get a quote. Maybe to close to Xmas.
I think we are spoilt for choice here in Perth, most probably don't even realise.

Cheers
MTR

- A developer isn't a government service provide or charity - they are a business.

- If you don't like the infrastructure why are you so keen to buy and whining about it now.

- They developer can choose how to market the property. Nobody wants to flood the market with 200+ lots so they are drip feeding them out to maintain demand. Great marketing ploy, have you heard of a small US company called Apple who sometimes do the same thing.

- A finance clause means the developer is tied to the contract but has no certainty from the buyer and must wait for a relatively unknown buyer to turn up 4 weeks prior to settlement to let them know whether their bank will let them proceed. The developers bank will much prefer unconditional contracts. I would do the same.

I know you are disappointed but I cant see what the developer has done wrong here other than having a website which could not handle the traffic. you need to be realistic and if you miss out then suck it up and move on. The world owes you nothing.

I know you are disappointed but I cant see what the developer has done wrong here other than having a website which could not handle the traffic. you need to be realistic and if you miss out then suck it up and move on. The world owes you nothing.

Developer hasnt done anything wrong other than shitty website. Well this is the most important thing for genuine buyers rather than finance and marketing strategy. I am sure many buyers changed their schedule of work and household tasks etc just to be able to submit the code on time.

How can we ignore this as it has created an impression that such things may continue in upcoming releases. I am not disappointed coz i didnt get a call I am disappointed coz i didnt have a fair go.

I wrote an email to one of their sales consultant about website problems but obviously no reply.

I couldn't agree more with most of these posts. Its seems very clear they did not have the systems in place to support the demand - the system crashing for over an hour is unacceptable for such a public company. We have a number of friends (all genuine buyers) who have not received calls (to be expected) nor emails of rejection when mentioned they would have these out by the 5th. The whole process seems very fish but might be a blessing when you look at the per sqm pricing and how much variability there was on each lot.

Why does the 'discounted' blocks for the air craft flight plan houses attract a much higher per sqm rate for land - shouldn't it be less then the other blocks?

Was Stocklands doing its job as a LAND development suiting, investers, shareholders, the property market and the buyers or running a competion for only the LUCKY ones. And of course the LUCKY WINNERS getting a very limited choice of land at blown out prices to live under, air traffic, fires, and of course those very ugly, unhealthy eye sore electrical cables. Not to forget the ugly backside of some factories and shop in the area with No parking at the train station and Cockburn being a traffic nightmare where you take your own live in your hands geeting to North Lake Rd.There doesnt seem to be any quantity or quality here. And for a fact Im not disappointed I already live on the other better side of Armadale Road. I brought my 1st home 1983 heathridge $33,500 total. I just think Stocklands selling tactics are wrong. To me it seems more a competion than selling. That dosnt wear with us oldies. I had a fair go to start with. So whats changed.???

Hahah sounds like a lot of people just having a ***** and moan about missing out on a Lot. Stockland had 1,500 people for 39 Lots. You missed out just like the other 97.5% of "Genuine buyers".

I've been watching developers try different methods of releasing land for the last 12 months. Some do it better than others, Stockland clearly have generally the most desirable estates in some areas and the way they marketed Calleya has been spot on. The interest generated has been phenomenal.

Katisa, you were a registered buyer for Calleya and then you go on to say things about the estate such as "a very limited choice of land at blown out prices to live under, air traffic, fires, and of course those very ugly, unhealthy eye sore electrical cables. Not to forget the ugly backside of some factories and shop in the area with No parking at the train station and Cockburn being a traffic nightmare" - I find it just a little bit of a contradiction that you tried purchasing a Lot in there when you give it a description like that!?

Man up and try get a Lot in the next release just like everyone else has to and stop whinging. The market is flying in this area and clearly the demand isn't slowing.

Calleya Purchase Process

Hi All,

Updated News on Calleya.

If you want to get a block of land on Calleya, you would not only need to pay 10k but also sign an unconditional contract i.e not subject to finance. So kindly prepare yourself with that

You should never proceed with a UNCONDITIONAL CONTRACT ? unless you have the cash. By signing a unconditional contract there is a risk that if your finance is declined you will lose your deposit and possibly be sued for other monies.

This is really bad news for potential buyers like me because how they can demand unconditional and 10k deposit. Things are getting so ridiculous here in Perth.

Anyway that is what I think. Most of the developers allow contract subject to finance but looks like Calleya is the cherry on the top and they can dictate their own terms.

:rolleyes:

that is just market forces at work. 2 years ago you as the buyer would have been dictating terms to the developer. today the tables have turned.

Well, I never expected this thread to pick up again. Obviously there is considerable interest! I got an email saying that I missed out on a sales appointment, even though I never did anything (asides from putting my details down several months ago).

Interesting about the 10K deposit; I guess people are desperate for a slice of Perth! It seems like real estate is turning around a bit in Perth

Aaron

anyone know where some new Shopping centres are being developed in Perth? I saw the post on Banjup, Perth earlier and I've been through some new land/house packs on real esate.com want some ears from the locals in Perth.

I'm looking at commercial opportunities.

anyone know where some new Shopping centres are being developed in Perth? I saw the post on Banjup, Perth earlier and I've been through some new land/house packs on real esate.com want some ears from the locals in Perth.

I'm looking at commercial opportunities.

Banksia Grove? Eden Beach (Butler)? Ocean Keys (CLarkson) extension? Joondalup Extension?

Can you tell I live up North?

Back