New window blinds preferable

I am renovating my house for selling. I 'd like to have your preference about new window blind types.

- aluminum blinds
- vertical blinds
- roman blinds
- roller blinds

which one low cost and more preferable by most people?

Vertical blinds are low cost but they suck :)
Roman blinds are really expensive. Roller blinds aren't too pricey depending on the material chosen and are quite nice.

Do you have a photo or two of the house? It's a good idea to think about the effect on the exterior as well as the interior when selecting blinds (especially if they're going in a window that faces the street).

Something I have advised extremely budget conscious clients to do in the past is to put (say) wooden blinds in the front rooms so you get a nice linear effect visible from the road. Then a less expensive blind or ready-made curtain in the rest of the house.

Hope that helps.

Do you have a photo or two of the house? It's a good idea to think about the effect on the exterior as well as the interior when selecting blinds (especially if they're going in a window that faces the street).

Something I have advised extremely budget conscious clients to do in the past is to put (say) wooden blinds in the front rooms so you get a nice linear effect visible from the road. Then a less expensive blind or ready-made curtain in the rest of the house.

Hope that helps.

I agree with Jane.
I would install nicer looking at the front and then cheaper towards the rear.
if you have fairly standard size windows then Spotlight do an affordable range of cedar/white wooden blinds and roller blinds. They have 30-40% off many blinds at the moment

http://catalogues.spotlight.com.au/Mammoth_Sale/4700/Catalogue#/?page=9

If you have a lounge at the front then this works well then you can use rollers in the bedrooms.

I was looking a wide timber venitian blind (about 40-50mm slats) for a rental I did in Qld. I was looking for a white rather than timber colour.
I got quoted an Eco-plastic slat which looked fantastic at half the price.

The wife liked them so much, we got two rooms in the PPoR done in the same stuff.

Let me know if you'd like the details.

Cheers

Which types of window blinds

Hi there,

The best type of blind to go for really does depend on the room and the window in question. For example if you want something to go in a bathroom it needs to be moisture resistant and provide privacy so a soft roman blind or wood venetian are out as they won't handle the moisture. In this case I would go for either a PVC or other water resistant roller blind or an aluminium venetian blind.

Prices for these will vary massively depending on where you source them but I would say to try and always look online as local companies tend to be higher priced and include fitting charges which you could generally do yourself.

We have personally used www.orderblinds.co.uk for blinds on projects the Uk and found them to be really helpful and well priced but I can't say for the other side of the pond I'm afraid.

As mentioned by Jane above it would be useful to see some photos to offer some additional help.

Hope that helps.

Ditto, have done this and the way to go.

i recently did roller blinds....and double roller blinds in the dining/kitchen...advantage is you can cut to size...the 1.8metres wide retail for $200 but as westminster said, spotlight often have them cheaper. they looked great/modern, and double is very practical..took me half a day to install 4

i recently did roller blinds....and double roller blinds in the dining/kitchen...advantage is you can cut to size...the 1.8metres wide retail for $200 but as westminster said, spotlight often have them cheaper. they looked great/modern, and double is very practical..took me half a day to install 4

I always use Spotlight 50mm Slats when on 50 or 60% off sales.

I have had a few broken mechanism in one property but I attributed that to one particular tenant issue.

3 projects over a few years and they are still my preference.

Back