Next SSG Sydney meeting?

Actually Robyne, I liked this idea, maybe a picnic in a park, so all the tinies can come along as well. Feb is good for me (at this stage, I'm pretty sure) and I really like the idea of the Sydney forumites being able to get together.

Maybe once the Xmas rush has dropped off a little, people can give it a bit more thought.

Oceangirl

:)

Hi Robyne & Oceangirl

I'm interested in catching up in Feb or whenever suits. Sorry I missed the last one but still finding my way around the forum.

Keep in touch and willing to help if necessary?

Regards, Peter 147

Centennial Park isn't too bad, plenty of space and plenty of shade but no shops (cafes) from what I recall.

Regards

Investor :)

Happy new year to everyone!

I was about to suggest a new thread for this but since the title is "Next SSG Sydney Meeting" it is appropriate anyway!
I will look forward to meeting you all?

My suggestion is Putney Park. It's terrific for kids with all sorts of exciting play equipment. Great for adults with picnic tables BBQ facilities and water views. It has lots of shade and and is protected from the wind. Alas, it is not particularly close to shops either.

In terms of a date, I think Sundays are usually best for this sort of thing. The 8th is out for me. The 15th sounds good. The next best date for me would be 14th March. Did you know it is leap year this year?

Looking forward to it!

Robyne

I'd support Centennial Park.

It's relatively central (for north & south), has plenty of parking & facilities & would give investor the opportunity to learn what a PICNIC is - a packed lunch from home & some BBQed snags.

A second option would be BiCentennial Park at Homebush. It's close to the geographic centre of Sydney & has plenty of facilities including bike tracks, ponds & BBQ areas.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Go the Park

Hi All

Picnic in a Park is best.

Both Centennial and Bicentennial are great because of lots of parking!!! And yes they have cafe for food and real coffee (it is a Sydney Meeting anyhow!)

I am closer to Centennial but understand BiC is closer to the middle of Sydney.

Any time for me, why not Feb. say Sunday Lunch/Arvo. Allowing Canberrians to travel here and back. Thinking of you Acey.

Peter 147

PS Finding parking at Bronte is like finding a +geared IP! LOL.

Back