NickM in Canberra

For any Canberra people who would like to know more about hybrid trusts, NickM will be giving a talk in Canberra on Friday October 3 (thanks Nick!)- probably at around 7:30PM.

The venue has not yet been determined.

There will be a small charge to cover venue costs and handouts.

It is a long weekend- but it is the weekend of the Canberra Big BBQ , and the last weekend of Floriade (I think). So for anyone from interstate, there's a few extra reasons for coming to Canberra.

Pencil it in your diaries!

Just to give us an idea of what size venue we would need, could anyone interested please send an email to [email protected] - with the subject "NickM". The email will not tie you down to coming.

I'm suggesting a venue, which may sound a little odd- but is really not.

The venue is the Woden Senior Citizens Club.

The reasons for this venue are-
.Venue cost is reasonable (much less than comparable commercial venues) so costs will be not too high- allowing a $5 contribution per person to cover venue + Nick's handout costs
.Profits will go to the community, and not to a large organisation

However the venue cannot provide extras like coffee etc.

It's a short walk from the Woden shopping centre, and from a few clubs, so it's not difficult to get a feed before the talk.

For interstaters (including Nick), transport can be arranged. Please contact me if you need help.

If there's any problems with the venue, please let me know before I make a final booking on Monday.

GeoffW,

I might be able to organise a few foam cups and some coffee / tea making facilities.

Venue is great, I'll give nick a call & see how long his presentation might run for and a general format so we can let all concerned know.

Mr Ed.

Here's what Nick will be talking about:

Investment structures
Consideration of the different investment structures
Advantages and disadvantages of each structure
Utilising a Hybrid discretionary trust
The refinancing principle
Tax effective holiday house

There will be cups there, and I'll bring along coffee and tea bits, so something will be available.

Nick expects the talk to go for about 1 1/2 hours, with question time bringing it up to two hours- though I guess that may depend on how many questions people want to ask.

Jas,

I agree questions will be fired at Nick thick & fast.

I had a good chat to Nick the other day and I know as a fact that it's going to be informative.

Mr Ed

Hi all.

If there is anyone else that'll like to come along let Geoff or myself know as the numbers have just tipped 70!!!!

All newbies to the forum this would be a great way for you to meet a few faces, and learn some great information all for a huge investment of $5!!!!!!

I wonder what the IIR on that would be.

My email is...

[email protected]

Mr Ed
AKA Ed Nixon

Official start time is 7:30PM- but unofficially, there will be no frills coffeee and tea available from 7PM. (plus a few Temp Tims while they last).

If you want to just come and talk for a little before the official start, you're welcome.

Phil,

Thank you for suggesting Nick come down here- well done.

It was a great evening. Very imformative, and lots of new ideas.

The turnout was great- well done Canberra (and interstaters!). There were a little over 50 on the night- and for Canberra, that is really a good turnout.

It was great to put some new faces to well known names as well.

Thanks to Mr Ed for all the organising.

And, of course, special thanks Nick for all the valuable information, and the time and effort.

Looking forward to the bbq shortly!

Geoff,

From memory I think it was Nick's idea to come to Canberra, not mine, all I did was to pass the ball to some guy's that made it happen :)

Thanks Geoff, Ed and Nick, it was a great night.

Cheers

Phil

Thanks to all that attended.

I thoroughly enjoyed speaking to the group.

The questions were good and i hope that all that attended got something out of the presentation.

Many thanks to Ed and Geoff for taking the time to arrange the night.

Cheers
NickM

Excellent Night. Many thanks to Nick for an informative evening.

Also thanks to Geoff and Ed for their logistics skills.

Pedro

Back