No building inspection report for Units !

Hi All,

I am interested in a unit which is 40 years old.

I asked for building inspection report, the agent is telling me that for units, I should ask for body corporate notes and not building inspection report.

He mentioned, building inspection is only available for houses and not units.

Is this correct ?

Thanks,

u can get a build inspect done for units............but in general, the strata records will usually give you an idea of what may be going on and the potential for any huge one off issues

ta

rolf

As rolf said, a b&p can be done but the inspector will typically only look at your lot and not the whole complex. If you order a whole complex inspection then wave goodbye to thousands of $$$$$$$$$$.

A strata report is a good starting point, if there is nothing untoward in terms of building works then its generally good enough to go off.

You can also just call the manager and sayg you are looking at buying Lot X in SPxxxxx and if there are any known building issues or upcoming large capital works or special levies planned. Most will talk on the phone OK which will give you an idea before you even order the strata search. I called one yesterday for a villa I am buying before I made the offer so that the offer could reflect any issues known.

Back