North Brisbane - time to buy?

Still thnk the inner suburbs of Brisbane represent much better value compared to the outer areas like Logan, Redcliffe etc.

...QUOTE]

I agree. The inner and mid suburbs will be more stable and have higher growth, rents are also higher and easier to rent.
This is what has happened to equivalents in Sydney and Melbourne.

North or south? id prefer south as its generally a bit more refined [ suburbs and people/residents]

I agree. The inner and mid suburbs will be more stable and have higher growth, rents are also higher and easier to rent.
This is what has happened to equivalents in Sydney and Melbourne.
North or south? id prefer south as its generally a bit more refined [ suburbs and people/residents]

Heehee. See plenty of these 'refined' Southside types walking around Musgrave Park, Ipswich Road, Coles Morningside. Some of them even have a thong.

Gentrification in North brisbane

Hi all
I'm new to this forum and brisbane, thanks all for sharing your views - has been invaluable.
Curious to hear people's thoughts on demographic/patterns developing in chermside and surrounding suburbs.
I've just started my search in the region - briefly explored stafford heights, stafford, chermside, kedron, wavell heights, nundah.
Seems that the later four suburbs have more promise in terms gentrification.
Lots of suburban sprawl and apparently lower income earners and older people in Stafford and Stafford heights.
Purchase price seems much more reasonable in Stafford heights, however just does not present as a place that higher income earners, young professionals would want to live in foreseeable future.
Any thoughts?

Lots of suburban sprawl and apparently lower income earners and older people in Stafford and Stafford heights.
Purchase price seems much more reasonable in Stafford heights, however just does not present as a place that higher income earners, young professionals would want to live in foreseeable future.
Any thoughts?

You are correct. Stafford and Stafford Heights have been mentioned a lot in the past in the IP magazines, but they are rather daggy. I cant understand what all the fuss was about.

On the other hand, not everyone wanting a place to live is a trendy yuppie. I know plenty of people who live (rent) there. They are all low income earners but they pay their rent as a priority.

I feel that this area is also looking like a good way to go

Was very close to buying in nundah but fell through but having researched the inner north there seems to be a ''employment'' corridor with the airport being close and there building a second runway

Also the surrounding areas such as kedron and nundah are growing due to the new airport link which can get drivers into the city in 10-15 minutes

Hi all
I'm new to this forum and brisbane, thanks all for sharing your views - has been invaluable.
Curious to hear people's thoughts on demographic/patterns developing in chermside and surrounding suburbs.
I've just started my search in the region - briefly explored stafford heights, stafford, chermside, kedron, wavell heights, nundah.
Any thoughts?

yup. that's my feel for these northern suburbs as well.

I've been having a bit of a look recently at the Stafford / Stafford Heights area. Although it does have a lower socio economic demographic, there are certainly some more desirable pockets.
I feel the lower comparative price to some of it's neighbouring suburbs makes it reasonably good value. Looking mid to long term (15-25years) I can see the planned infrastructure projects really helping the area, in particular public transport being significantly better.

Lot of investors are moving to Brisbane and Melbourne since sydney market is going beyond $600-$900k range.

some of the Brisbane pocket is good. Everton park, green slopes, kedron, rocklea (watch out Flood zone),coorparoo,manly (Morton bay council area, had no contribution for development few years ago) to name few

Lot of investors are moving to Brisbane and Melbourne since sydney market is going beyond $600-$900k range.

some of the Brisbane pocket is good. Everton park, green slopes, kedron, rocklea (watch out Flood zone),coorparoo,manly (Morton bay council area, had no contribution for development few years ago) to name few

Why do you mention Rocklea with those other suburbs?
Non-locals: It's best avoided.

some part of is not flood affected and if you find good LMR zone development site for market value.. it can return good profit.

agree. treat rocklea with caution.. you need to know streets and even part of streets to buy in to

some part of is not flood affected and if you find good LMR zone development site for market value.. it can return good profit.
agree. treat rocklea with caution.. you need to know streets and even part of streets to buy in to

The other suburbs you mentioned were good, it's like saying Wilston, Grange, Kelvin Grove, Highgate Hill, Morningside and Woodridge - spot the odd one out ;)

Hi all
Any thoughts?

I bought two in north bris early last year. People were going crazy over Chermside and Stafford Heights I just could not work it out as far as value for money. (besides the shops etc)

I would be sticking from Arana Hills right across to kedron. I personally love Mitchelton - i didn't buy there but I really like that suburb.

As far as these other subrubs requiring gentrification - Virgina, Nudgee, Nundah, Banyo, Zillmere. I did orig want to buy there but its going to be more than 10+ years for these flat, dull subrubs to have any life. Plus every second person was an investor / developer. I can see a massive oversupply of units townhouses here in the next 5-10 years.

I would be sticking from Arana Hills right across to kedron. More nicer scenery with hills and views. More shops/restaurants/schools etc and more owner occupiers

I bought two in north bris early last year. People were going crazy over Chermside and Stafford Heights I just could not work it out as far as value for money. (besides the shops etc)

I would be sticking from Arana Hills right across to kedron. I personally love Mitchelton - i didn't buy there but I really like that suburb.

I would be sticking from Arana Hills right across to kedron. More nicer scenery with hills and views. More shops/restaurants/schools etc and more owner occupiers

Kedron is so much closer to CBD than Arana Hills so with bus way you can get into town in 10 - 15 minutes. Long term, I think that Kedron will outperform Arana Hills even though I agree that it does have nice scenery.

Back