North Rocks road at North Rocks: is it good or bad PPOR ?

Yes I am wondering too because I think Aries is just giving an honest response on what he knows about Westfield in North Rocks and Hornsby...

rajnhets, if you know anything about the area, you would be more than welcome to suggest your opinion.

Cheers

Yes I am wondering too because I think Aries is just giving an honest response on what he knows about Westfield in North Rocks and Hornsby...

rajnhets, if you know anything about the area, you would be more than welcome to suggest your opinion.

Cheers

May be I am the wrong one here :D . I assumed (I know its a bad thing to do) what Virgo meant by having a cup of coffee in both westfields is to compare the demographics in the shopping center, rather than how huge the center is and how many coffee joints it has :rolleyes:

May be I am the wrong one here :D . I assumed (I know its a bad thing to do) what Virgo meant by having a cup of coffee in both westfields is to compare the demographics in the shopping center, rather than how huge the center is and how many coffee joints it has :rolleyes:

Ahh I see so virgo was talking about the demographics. I thought he wanted to point out about how small North Rocks westfield is compared to Hornsby...

That may be a good idea to compare the demographics by going to the shopping centre. :) I will try to go there on tomorrow afternoon and see around there hehehe :D

Ahh I see so virgo was talking about the demographics. I thought he wanted to point out about how small North Rocks westfield is compared to Hornsby...

That may be a good idea to compare the demographics by going to the shopping centre. I will try to go there on tomorrow afternoon and see around there hehehe

Not sure how Jen (Virgo) would feel about being referred to as a bloke :D but she's a tough cookie so I guess would take it in her stride....;)

I'm a Carlingford born gal so can speak not only from personal experience but also having looked at lots of houses in all the suburbs mentioned so far, in my line of work naturally :)

North Rocks is a fairly quiet and sleepy suburb- unlike all the developing activity of nearby Carlingford (lots of builders wishing that damn Parra to Epping link had of gone ahead!) it has no train line or busy centre. Sure, Westfields is present but it's small enough to know where to park and, more importantly, to remember where you parked when you finish shopping (unlike Hornsby, Parra, Macquarie, Castle Towers, Chatswood!) The North Rocks markets across the road are a popular weekend event and we all loved bike-riding down the big dippers (Barclay and Bettington Rds) as kids.... talk about taking our lives into our hands :eek:

Older homes, predominantly built in the 1960's-70's era, they range from original red-brickers to knockdown and rebuild mansions. My brother had one of the highest sales in recent years in Ebony Ave and did very nicely here. Safe suburb, mainly families, good proximity to Parra. NR Rd can get busy, but the quieter side is more preferred and there is also the advantage of the larger blocks in the area. Behind the golf course at Muirfield is also a preferred spot too..

Best of luck with your search- watch out for the cheapies (power lines, cemetery, clear knockdown rebuilds) and hope you score something for good value :)

Not sure how Jen (Virgo) would feel about being referred to as a bloke :D but she's a tough cookie so I guess would take it in her stride....;)

My apologies for Jen (virgo). I just didn't realise it before. virgo, I hope you're not offended by my carelessness.

I'm a Carlingford born gal so can speak not only from personal experience but also having looked at lots of houses in all the suburbs mentioned so far, in my line of work naturally :)

North Rocks is a fairly quiet and sleepy suburb- unlike all the developing activity of nearby Carlingford (lots of builders wishing that damn Parra to Epping link had of gone ahead!) it has no train line or busy centre. Sure, Westfields is present but it's small enough to know where to park and, more importantly, to remember where you parked when you finish shopping (unlike Hornsby, Parra, Macquarie, Castle Towers, Chatswood!) The North Rocks markets across the road are a popular weekend event and we all loved bike-riding down the big dippers (Barclay and Bettington Rds) as kids.... talk about taking our lives into our hands :eek:

Yes, I can sort of guess from what virgo and Aries and others told me about the area. I think North Rocks is quite good area and I have no problem with small shopping centre since I can always go to Parramatta for bigger shopping centre.

Geez jacque I drove Bettington Road once and I could say the slope is really dangerous. I can't imagine 10 year old you riding your bike down those roads.

Older homes, predominantly built in the 1960's-70's era, they range from original red-brickers to knockdown and rebuild mansions. My brother had one of the highest sales in recent years in Ebony Ave and did very nicely here. Safe suburb, mainly families, good proximity to Parra. NR Rd can get busy, but the quieter side is more preferred and there is also the advantage of the larger blocks in the area. Behind the golf course at Muirfield is also a preferred spot too..

Best of luck with your search- watch out for the cheapies (power lines, cemetery, clear knockdown rebuilds) and hope you score something for good value :)

Thank you, jacque. I will try to watch out for the cheapies around there. I need to go there few times to familiarise myself with the area I think. I am currently looking at few properties behind the Muirfield golf course too. Hopefully, I can find a house with good value.

Cheers.

power lines

HI jacque,

I am just wondering on the comment you said about power lines. I saw the house that I went for inspection today has power lines in front of it. It is only a normal power lines and has few cables connected to the house. Do you mean power lines as the huge one or the normal size power pole in front of the house ? I always think that the normal size power pole as a normal occurrence in houses at Australia. So, does it mean the presence of power poles can reduce the house value ?

I went around North Rocks Road this afternoon and I really like the area. It is not very busy road and not as noisy as I expected. I went to Westfield North Rocks too. Although it is small, it has a lot of shops and quite decent shopping centre. I think I already found the area where I want to buy. However, I will go to Baulkham Hills and West Pennant Hills too since they also have few decent houses within my budget.

Cheers.

HI jacque,

I am just wondering on the comment you said about power lines. I saw the house that I went for inspection today has power lines in front of it. It is only a normal power lines and has few cables connected to the house. Do you mean power lines as the huge one or the normal size power pole in front of the house ? I always think that the normal size power pole as a normal occurrence in houses at Australia. So, does it mean the presence of power poles can reduce the house value ?

I went around North Rocks Road this afternoon and I really like the area. It is not very busy road and not as noisy as I expected. I went to Westfield North Rocks too. Although it is small, it has a lot of shops and quite decent shopping centre. I think I already found the area where I want to buy. However, I will go to Baulkham Hills and West Pennant Hills too since they also have few decent houses within my budget.

Cheers.

I think Jacque refers to high power lines like the one close to the cemetery?

I think that's what she meant too. I saw those high power lines near the cemetery and near Bill Watson Reserve... I checked through internet that the safe distance to the high power lines should be at least 500 - 600 metres. I will take note of this.

Based on OP's post I think he should hire Jacque!
That's what I'm thinking too, devank. I am thinking of hiring Jacque since she's quite the expert in the area...

Cheers

high power line

If the high power line is around 100 m from the house, is it safe to buy the house considering the health risk of EMF and house price being lower if the high power line is in sight ? I could see the high power line from the house but when I check the distance from Google Map it is actually 100 m away from the house.

Thank you.

North rocks rd - have a client and also a friend live in different properties on the road. they don't know each other, however both back onto reserves. Both houses are quiet even though the road can be busy. One house is a battleaxe dual occ and the other is on a huge block and set back.

I love both properties and they are very quiet. Would not know it was a main st out front. Both are very friendly with their respective neighbours and love the community of north rocks. Both have experienced good capital gains.

If I have the choice, I prefer no high power lines close to my home.
Some friends of mine don't mind.
One family I know actually has the tower-looking thing right next to the house. They said they are aware of the potential issues and got a professional to measure the radiation before they decided to buy the house. Maybe you can do the same?

Ps. What street are you referring to?

If I have the choice, I prefer no high power lines close to my home.
Some friends of mine don't mind.
One family I know actually has the tower-looking thing right next to the house. They said they are aware of the potential issues and got a professional to measure the radiation before they decided to buy the house. Maybe you can do the same?

Ps. What street are you referring to?

Hi Aries,

It's on north rocks road near Bill Watson Reserve (corner between North Rocks road and Loyalty Road). Maybe I can measure the radiation too just to make sure. I will think about it.

North rocks rd - have a client and also a friend live in different properties on the road. they don't know each other, however both back onto reserves. Both houses are quiet even though the road can be busy. One house is a battleaxe dual occ and the other is on a huge block and set back.

I love both properties and they are very quiet. Would not know it was a main st out front. Both are very friendly with their respective neighbours and love the community of north rocks. Both have experienced good capital gains.

Hi baby blue eyes,

yes, the reason I like to buy there is because they are quiet and good community too. Hopefully I can have the house with good value over there.

Cheers

Hi Aries,

It's on north rocks road near Bill Watson Reserve (corner between North Rocks road and Loyalty Road). Maybe I can measure the radiation too just to make sure. I will think about it.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that side of North Rocks Road.

If the house I just saw on Domain around that area you mentioned before is what you are looking at, I think there are some houses closer to Westfield for around that price.

Best of luck with your search, Frankie.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that side of North Rocks Road.

If the house I just saw on Domain around that area you mentioned before is what you are looking at, I think there are some houses closer to Westfield for around that price.

Best of luck with your search, Frankie.

I already called the agent that's selling the house closer to Westfield last week. It's already under the contract and I think he hasn't updated the listing in Domain since it's still in cooling off period.

Thank you, Aries.

Any luck?

Hi Frankie,

Did you do more house hunting over the weekend?

Just saw one renovated house close to Westfield had a SOLD sign on.
It was put on the market for around 1.3m several months ago, but did not get sold.

Hi Frankie,

Did you do more house hunting over the weekend?

Just saw one renovated house close to Westfield had a SOLD sign on.
It was put on the market for around 1.3m several months ago, but did not get sold.

Hi Aries,

Sorry I missed your message and haven't replied until now. I did not put the offer for the house in North Rocks since they have some issues. Then, we decided that it would be difficult (transport wise) to travel to city from there using public transport. At the moment we are looking at townhouse close to train station such as in Epping, Artarmon, Eastwood, and Hornsby. We have put an offer to two bedroom townhouse in Artarmon but unfortunately someone placed a really high offer and we cannot beat them. Well, back in the hunting game again. :)

Cheers

Hi Frankie

You certainly are covering a wide area there so hope it's all going well :)

What happened to Baulkham Hills?

Hi Frankie

You certainly are covering a wide area there so hope it's all going well :)

What happened to Baulkham Hills?

Hi jacque,

Yes, it is a wide area but we are basically checking out suburbs around lower north shore and upper north shore that have train station. So far, it's okay.

We actually almost offer one house at Baulkham Hills but after few considerations we pull out from there due to issue with public transport. We are not sure how reliable is the bus from Baulkham Hills to city since it used M2 (many breakdowns in M2 from what I heard in the radio). So we decided to find house/townhouse that is walking distance to train station. Hopefully we will be able to find one soon.

Cheers :)

Back