not allowed to take pictures !!

Should Photos be allowed at children sporting events ?

• NO Photos allowed

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Photos allowed

Votes: 61 96.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Should a parent be allowed to take pictures of their kids playing sport at a club ?

Just been told im not allowed to take pictures of my daughter during a hockey game. :eek:

Am i of the minority that rules like these are allowed to be bought in :confused:

Yes they should be allowed!

What a joke, they make you feel like a criminal for taking some pictures, where is the world heading?

yep ! parents worried about their children being photographed by mental cases.

It only takes one worried parent to complain and we all have to miss out on recording images of our child growing up.

Thing is, the perverts will take the photos anyway through some sneaky way.

Typical over reaction.

The 99.99% of the law abiding population get punished for the 0.01% of the population who should be locked up in a cell with a cell mate with a name of Bubba and the key thrown away.

Find out who is putting this policy/rule in. Is it a parent requesting it, or someone being a bit too proactive in the rule making department.

Sometimes a quick run around to the other parents signing off that it's A-OK, to give the rule maker a little reality check.

Reminds me of when my wife came home to tell me Christmas wasn't to be celebrated in her office last year. HR decided that it was insensitive to the foreign/non-christian based workers. They didn't give a fig, complained that they shouldn't assume that they don't like to take part in the christmas festivities. It was just an over-sensitive numpty being the proverbial grinch.

i take my camera to auskick.

been told to put it away numerous times, i just say "no i won't be putting it away, i'm taking photos of my son. however, i do understand your concern so if you would like to set aside the manpower to audit my SD card before leaving, you're more than welcome to."

they then rant about it being against the rules so i ask to see where i signed saying "no photos".

simples.

Unfortunately Australia is a nanny state which is why you can be arrested for taking photos on the beach. There was a case recently of a guy in Sydney being arrested for using his iPhone at Bondi. I guess it's possible one of the men or women is a member of an international paedophile ring and distributing the photos online :rolleyes:

It came up at our school five or six years ago. Everyone ignored it, and I haven't heard of it again since.

I reckon the teachers just did their job and said what they were told to say by someone higher up. They thought it was ridiculous too.

See ya's.

It's a new governement move to raise revenue by selling you photos that have been taken covertly by surveillance activities.....

The Y-man

I wonder if the parents who are against anyone taking photos at kid's sporting events are the same parents who have photos of their kids uploaded all over their facebook pages with no privacy settings at all :rolleyes:.

At my children's school the parents have to sign a form if they agree to their child's photo being taken godforbid the child receive an award and have their proud little face displayed in the school newsletter whilst posing with their certificate.

The only place I think the 'no photos of kids' rule has a place is at the beach or public swimming pools. There are sickos who hang out at those places and take photos. Sad :(.

Unfortunately Australia is a nanny state which is why you can be arrested for taking photos on the beach. There was a case recently of a guy in Sydney being arrested for using his iPhone at Bondi. I guess it's possible one of the men or women is a member of an international paedophile ring and distributing the photos online :rolleyes:

There is no law against taking photos on the beach or anywhere in public places.

If so then show me the law in writing please ?

It's PC crowd gone mad as usual.

Show me the case of the guy at Bondi...?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes you should be able to take photos of your kids playing sport. Agree 100%

It is what is done with that photo afterwards that I think is the issue. If it is for private use - no problem. Personal phone / album / computer.

If you put it on facebook in the public domain and my kid is in that photo then you require my consent.

Yep, no laws against taking photos in public places.

There are laws regarding the use of photos taken of persons but the act of taking them is still not against the law.

photos of people, incl kids are in the media every day.

Models in advertisments for instance, even wearing underwear...OMG:eek:

On facebook, well facebook should be banned altogether IMHO.:rolleyes:

Yes you should be able to take photos of your kids playing sport. Agree 100%

It is what is done with that photo afterwards that I think is the issue. If it is for private use - no problem. Personal phone / album / computer.

If you put it on facebook in the public domain and my kid is in that photo then you require my consent.

OK. I do that all the time. I've got 3 girls, 10, 11, and 13. They are on facebook canoeing, at the swimming carnival, athletics carnival, camping, singing, dancing, and about 20 other things, just on facebook. I've shown pictures of them on here on somersoft too. Wife has done the same.

What sort of things are you worried about?

I've usually got other peoples kids in the same photos on facebook, and no ones ever said anything. I often take photos for the school with 20 kids in one shot and the photos end up everywhere.

An example of a facebook page where my kids and other kids are all over on.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eastern-Rivers-Explorers/333699456640155?ref=hl

Can anyone tell me a bad case scenario here? Perhaps I'm naïve?

See ya's.

i agree with you TC. so if i want to share photos of my kids i need permission from the parents of every single person in the photo? that is a bit much IMO.

OK. I do that all the time. I've got 3 girls, 10, 11, and 13. They are on facebook canoeing, at the swimming carnival, athletics carnival, camping, singing, dancing, and about 20 other things, just on facebook. I've shown pictures of them on here on somersoft too. Wife has done the same.

What sort of things are you worried about?

I've usually got other peoples kids in the same photos on facebook, and no ones ever said anything. I often take photos for the school with 20 kids in one shot and the photos end up everywhere.

An example of a facebook page where my kids and other kids are all over on.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eastern-Rivers-Explorers/333699456640155?ref=hl

Can anyone tell me a bad case scenario here? Perhaps I'm naïve?

See ya's.

That is your choice and I respect that. I am not worried. I have no need to put my children on facebook.

i agree with you TC. so if i want to share photos of my kids i need permission from the parents of every single person in the photo? that is a bit much IMO.

Ask the parent who has an AVO against their partner and is trying to keep their child safe and wishes their privacy respected by not having their kid's photo on the internet.

If you know the kids and the parents then asking everyone for their permission is probably overkill.

I am not against the taking of photos. I just think consideration needs to be given when posting these photos on the internet.

Back