NSW Central Coast

Recent article about the potential new airport for the central coast.

The proposed area has changed with options now looking around the Gosford region, west of the F3 freeway.

http://hunter.businessink.com.au/st...sydney-airport-for-central-coast#comment-5619

Like many other touted projects for the coast,

Gosford waterfront development
rejuvenation of Gosford CBD
daily Ettalong/ palm beach ferry service

the second airport project has been discussed since Adam was a boy.

There is a lot of talk but no action for the past decade or two.

It has been discussed for a long time, only in the last few years have the two local governments actually agreed on something.

Really need to create one joint council in the region.

The region certainly has the population to support this kind of development.

It has been discussed for a long time, only in the last few years have the two local governments actually agreed on something.

Really need to create one joint council in the region.

The region certainly has the population to support this kind of development.

I can't see one joint council happening in my life time. There are two many entrenched vested interests in central coast local government politics to allow this to happen.

Whilst the population is reasonable, various regions of nsw also want the second airport and western sydney, for instance, may well have a stronger claim.

The fast ferry idea was floated for both the coast and Wollongong. Was that idea ever going to succeed?

I never understood the concept of how they could move enough commuters to and from Sydney harbour to make it viable.

I can't see one joint council happening in my life time. There are two many entrenched vested interests in central coast local government politics to allow this to happen.

Whilst the population is reasonable, various regions of nsw also want the second airport and western sydney, for instance, may well have a stronger claim.

I would definitely agree with that, I don't think the regional airport on central coast would ever have replaced Sydney's second airport idea.

Much larger population base in western Sydney.

I do think a smaller airport would be a better proposal for the coast.

I would definitely agree with that, I don't think the regional airport on central coast would ever have replaced Sydney's second airport idea.

So my point is that although endless developments have been proposed for the central coast and have been on the agenda for two decades, nothing has really come close to fruition.

The closest thing in the near future is likely the Chinese theme park development in Warnervale but this will have minimal impact on property prices. And it will most likely go bankrupt after a few years like most theme parks - Australia wonderland, Old Sydney Town, etc.

And all of that matters ....

No , not one bit .

Central coast will go up because it is on the coast and one hour from sydney .

Once sydney goes up the coast will follow.

If I had a choice between mt Druitt or woy woy , I know where I'd be

Cliff

Isn't the world a wonderful place, miracles do happen. I have some good (and bad) experiences on a certain CC airport when training but wondered how long before the people in their nice new houses (25 years ago) on downwind would win and have it closed. Too dangerous so close the houses...the same houses that were built next to the airport. Now the CC coast may want an airport, sure, but not next door to them.

Same as Sydney, I also remember the airspace around Badgers Creek being redistricted around 1988 for the start of the new airport....Gee that "took off" didn't it.

Nah, I don't think there will be an airport in the CC real soon somehow! Sydney either for that matter.

Sorry about the rant, back on topic. Always interesting CC property. One day when I'm not watching it will actually boom and I'll miss it!

Last edited:
i much prefer Newcastle over the central coast

I think Newcastle has a lot going for it as well.

Once CBD redevelop starts will be great for the city. Moving uni into town is a great idea, bring all the students and help business.

I'm not sure on outer fringes, coal price has to either rebound or Aussie dollar needs to stay down.

This may be a reasonable investment buy on the Central Coast.

Townhouse with no strata fees.

One of the best suburbs on the Central Coast with good history of capital growth.

Surrounding houses often over 1.5 mil

At 480k, below median price for the street/suburb

Rental return about $390-400 per week.

Should be negatively geared but reasonable chance of capital growth. For buy and hold.

On the CBA my wealth program with rp data valuation suggests value of 680k.

This may be a reasonable investment buy on the Central Coast.

Townhouse with no strata fees.

One of the best suburbs on the Central Coast with good history of capital growth.

Surrounding houses often over 1.5 mil

At 480k, below median price for the street/suburb

Rental return about $390-400 per week.

Should be negatively geared but reasonable chance of capital growth. For buy and hold.

On the CBA my wealth program with rp data valuation suggests value of 680k.

I would not invest my money spending 500k after all costs to lose approx 9k a year
and hope for capital gain unless it has really good depreciation to offset this you say rp data value this 680k I am sure this is just a guide and not the true value as asking price reflects this.
Macca446

I would not invest my money spending 500k after all costs to lose approx 9k a year
and hope for capital gain unless it has really good depreciation to offset this you say rp data value this 680k I am sure this is just a guide and not the true value as asking price reflects this.
Macca446

I am sure the rp data value is incorrect.

The last selling price in 2003 was 463k but if we are getting close to a property boom in sydney then there should be CG for this type of property.

Macca446

I would have thought that this type of property is the stock standard "mums and dad" resi IP?

the photo on that link isn't flattering .

this is better

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-nsw-point+frederick-114566395

I'm not sure what returns more people want for IP's but I think it's more than 380 - 400 for 480 . Considering you can buy on the northern beaches and get a 500 for 500 return , I' know which I'd pick .

It's next to million dollar properties that are Waterfront. Worth 680 ?? I'd be surprised if the agent got it that wrong , though there is a house for 980 which doesn't appear to be waterfront .

You certainly can't rely of a computer generated price to say what it's worth

Cliff

Back