OMG, BigPond are doing my head in! Help!!!

why dont you call customer complaints area

http://www.telstra.com.au/contact/complaints.htm

LOL, had many dealings with Telstra?

I have, and have actually got compensation out of them for being idiots.
One of my issues that I have documented ran from Nov 2006 to 16 Jan 2008 (yes, that is over a year) until it was resolved when I finally got lucky and got someone on the end of the phone who gave a damn and realised I had been given the runaround and found it unacceptable and understood my anger.

They finally admitted what a bunch of tards they were and sent some techs up from Melbourne to rectify the problem which took them, oh, about 3 minutes.

They reimbursed me for the many hundreds of call that I made to their service centres, but I never got those seemingly hundreds of hours of my life back.

But, unfortunately the complaints dept is a place to start

Dave

what kind of modem/router do you have? you may want to call cutomer support for your modem instead.

It sounds more like interference problems to me. Is wireless broadband and naked adsl the same thing? why have u got naked adsl? it's a lot more expensive. PPl only get it if they don't need a house phone hence don't pay line rental.

In oz, we have a lot of options for broadband. We are probably more competitive than NZ, however, still lagging behind UK, US, Asia in terms of speed and price.

PPl that use Optus/Telstra and bundles etc well...they're big but they're not good.

1. always do your research
2. never sign up on a plan

telstra is actually the only company that can do phone connections in Oz. They own the lines. but once connected, you can move to other carriers.

i always recommend ppl to buy a dial up pack from kmart when they first get to oz and search properly for good broadband deals. my bro in law has been here for 2 weeks now from UK and still hasn't signed up for broadband yet.....he's after the best package which atm looks like the $49.95 ADSL 2 from aanet 40G. TPG is also good if you are a heavy user 160G or 250G.

But 12G for $89.95 is way too exxy.

Must admit, even though they're faster at doing things in NZ, it's also dearer. See I paid $40 a month for half the speed and 3gigs a month, so when I got here and it was $89.95 for 12 gigs and twice the speed I thought Yipee. LOL

But 12G for $89.95 is way too exxy.
That's 12G uploads and downloads. So really, that's actually anything from 4-10G in reality.

I'm looking forward to moving and getting Internode ADSL2 and downgrading our $129 for 10G (uploads and downloads, lasts us about 2 weeks) Bigpond account to a mere 1G mobile one for websurfing on the road.

Ugh another Bogpond victim. They always seem to suck in the new migrants who haven't been able to ask the advice of knowledgeable Australians.

One way of getting out of their contract is to keep an eye on whirlpool and other forums and wait until Telstra make a change to their T&C or plans which you agreed to when you signed up. If you act immediately to state you don't agree with the new changes you can sometimes get out of the contract.

Unfortunately, whatever the media, you only ever hear about the whingers (Sorry, no offence meant, but that's the only way I could think to word it).

I've been with Bigpond for years and on the occasions I've needed to contact them, I've always found them to be helpful and I've NEVER encountered anyone from outside Australia, the last I knew all their call centres were Aust., based. I was originally on dial up, then (real) wireless and now ADSL with service that I can't complain about.

The biggest problem with Telstra/Bigpond is the slimy little American (Sol) that has been running the show for the last few years.

:cool:

JESUS i cant believe Peggle has not had probs with Telstra. They have driven my wife to tears it has gotten that bad with them. They forced us to cancel our ISDN as they were ending the service and they recomended we go with a broadband package they had which was 400MB for $50 a month or something. Now I know its crap but I knew nothing about computers, or what usage we would need etc. And obviously we are smashing the usage with extra usage and getting hammered for it. We spend litterally hrs on the phone trying to sort every bill we get as they are incorrect every month. Billed incorrectly etc just problems after problem and no one there gives a crap. Telstra is by far the biggest pack of incompentant d#@kheads I have ever delt with. No one wants to deal with matters and you just get passed around like a foot ball. And the problem is they just send the bills out as they please regardless if they are correct or not and try not paying them and see your credit ratting getting a beating just over a freakn phone bill.

TELSTRA is a pathetic company that I cant wait to stop dealing with.

Jayro!

I have wireless broadband with Telstra as it is the only way I can get broadband here. I didn't want to sign up for 3 years so I went for 12 months but paid for the USB modem.

I started on a contract at $89.95 for 1G. I later found out they changed the plan to 3G for the same price but didn't tell me. Had to find out myself. I am now on a 5G plan for the same price, but this plan now has the advantage in that once the allowance is used up it just goes back to dial up speed and not onto a horrendous excess usage rate.

What niggles me with Telstra is that when you want to change to a cheaper plan you have to wait until the end of the billing period, but if you want to go to a more expensive one it can be done instantaniously!

It may just be business, but it doesn't do anything for customer relations.

Back