One less place to get cheap LCD TV's from

wow. yet the RBA reckon all is roses! seriosuly how can a retailer get up to its neck so deeply?

Most probably a chronic case of mismanagement. Any company that can miss place 20mil while an employee fudges the books to play PI with the company's monies never instills confidence to do well long term.

Most probably a chronic case of mismanagement. Any company that can miss place 20mil while an employee fudges the books to play PI with the company's monies never instills confidence to do well long term.

They shoulda let her run with the property investing strategy she was on. Would have provided a bit of a hedge to their core business failings.

They shoulda let her run with the property investing strategy she was on. Would have provided a bit of a hedge to their core business failings.

Probably correct, finding out about the gaff, and off loading the portfolio (+CG) must of kept them afloat for a while.

That's a shame. We bought our plasma and a digital camera from there and the service was outstanding. Even got a follow up call from the sales rep a few weeks latter asking how the products were going.

I distinctly remember doing business with them in Hobart.

That was because I noticed the ratio of staff to customers was about 1:1 in the shop at the time. Excellent service but I do recall asking myself how they managed to do it... :eek:

low margins, excessively high wages:sales ratio, poor product selection/buying, wrong market approach.... etc etc.

Similar reasons strathfield car radios went up the date a few years back.

i just waiting for all that interest free credit coming due to have to be paid back . might not be pretty as it's will be when alot of honey moon mortgages revert to the variable rate .

is freeking mountains of it due in 2011

Clive Peter's in trouble
Ouch what's going to happen to my extended warranty?
I sensed something was wrong a couple of weeks ago when they sold me a new model TV at cost price.
I thought why would they sell the new models at cost price?
No other store would match their price btw.

Ouch what's going to happen to my extended warranty?
I sensed something was wrong a couple of weeks ago when they sold me a new model TV at cost price.
I thought why would they sell the new models at cost price?
No other store would match their price btw.

think you'll be right . the warranty you bought should be part of a block of warranties that's not to do with them directly . they just act as an agent selling the warranty for others

This was coming from a few months back, a lecturer at uni was telling me about certain problems they were having from a friend in management. The accountant who did the fraud. Actually made more money for them from buying blue chip property around toorak, kew etc than they did in normal course of business! She then aparently offered to give back all money and profits for them to not take legal proceedings! Some people have balls!

Back