Opinions on Chinchilla QLD

Wow Energy,

So much info

Who rattled your cage ???

So who did you build with/buy from ? When if at all ? You haven't answered that yet.

Do you really think that as property owners in Chinchilla, Jenko and ourselves don't already know all of what you said. Why do you think we built there in the first place.

Oh and the town was more like 5000 and under when we started building there and when some of the projects were being lined up. Some of these mines such as British Gas have been out there for years way before the talk of coal seam gas and the other projects. Yes they will last for years to come as there is a lot of coal in the region you are right on that point.

What I was trying to get across and I believe Jenko too is that property sprukers are trying to sell house and land by saying yields will be x amount a lot more than what in reality they are. I don't believe they will ever go to the dizzy silly highs of Karrratha, Port Headland, Newman and the like over in WA or Moranbah Dysart etc here in Qld.

To get a true picture you need to talk to Property managers on what rent is achievable and sales as to what price you should be paying.

The way you have rattled off all the info that anyone can get quite easily as it is on the council web site and the website of local builders and estate agents really does sound like you are possibly spruking.

Yes you are based in Perth means nothing as Chinchilla has been getting sold in the mining towns of WA for the last couple of years now

So I ask again have you bought in town or not ?

Ps I wouldn't call the local hospital as a major hospital and the cinema is not a full cinema it is run inside of the cultural centre showing a selection of movies both of which are housed within the council buildings.

Wow Energy,

So much info

Who rattled your cage ???

So who did you build with/buy from ? When if at all ? You haven't answered that yet.

Do you really think that as property owners in Chinchilla, Jenko and ourselves don't already know all of what you said. Why do you think we built there in the first place.

Oh and the town was more like 5000 and under when we started building there and when some of the projects were being lined up. Some of these mines such as British Gas have been out there for years way before the talk of coal seam gas and the other projects. Yes they will last for years to come as there is a lot of coal in the region you are right on that point.

What I was trying to get across and I believe Jenko too is that property sprukers are trying to sell house and land by saying yields will be x amount a lot more than what in reality they are. I don't believe they will ever go to the dizzy silly highs of Karrratha, Port Headland, Newman and the like over in WA or Moranbah Dysart etc here in Qld.

To get a true picture you need to talk to Property managers on what rent is achievable and sales as to what price you should be paying.

The way you have rattled off all the info that anyone can get quite easily as it is on the council web site and the website of local builders and estate agents really does sound like you are possibly spruking.

Yes you are based in Perth means nothing as Chinchilla has been getting sold in the mining towns of WA for the last couple of years now

So I ask again have you bought in town or not ?

Ps I wouldn't call the local hospital as a major hospital and the cinema is not a full cinema it is run inside of the cultural centre showing a selection of movies both of which are housed within the council buildings.

Yes I would love to know if Enrgy has any properties in Chinchilla.
Some of the latest advertising from a local builder/developer states chinchilla median house price is $338k and median rent is $554 pw. Last time my property was valued it was $420k and it rents for $530 pw (factual), that's still good but nowhere as good as builder/developer is saying. Last checked vacancy rates where 4.4% so a few houses siting vacant too.

Hi Jenko,

Totally agree with you, mine rent at $550 and $650
Our first one started off at $400 in June 2010 and is now $550 only vacant a few weeks waiting for first tenant to re-locate from WA, we agreed to wait for them. When they left had 1 week while the next tenant changed over from another property in Chinchilla the 3rd lot of tenants where straight in again moving from a property in Chinchilla.
Second property rented at $600 from day one in Feb 2012 they signed a lease a month or so before handover, and PM had tenants lined up to pay $650 before they moved into their own PPOR in Chinchilla with just a few days gap.

Rents and prices haven't moved much over the last year or so and some of the new land and house packages are smaller blocks of land.

I still believe even now if you buy right you can do ok in Chinchilla as the rents are good just not as high as what people may expect from a mining town. Its only 1 hour to Dalby, 2 approx. to Toowoomba or Ipswich and 3 to Brisbane so its not a remote mining town which is why I don't believe rents will ever go to the extremes and Chinchilla will stay strong as there is a lot going on some started some still to get the go ahead.

Jean

Reactions: S.T
Mmmmmmm

The reason also the rents r so high in the north of Western Australia is because the wages are enormous because they are above the 26th parallel.

It's been fun with you all, take care and GOD BLESS

Energy's arguments just make me want to invest in Chinchilla... I mean, he simply doesn't afraid of nothing!

Cairns and Townsville are above the 26th parallel... massive incomes? I'd move there in a heartbeat in that was the case! :D

Energy has energy

I'm a fan of your's energy , you remain positive in what your believing and doing and have shown evidence of it, I really think you have intimidated people's negativity in here and that is clearly showing in there attitude towards you.

Norwoodman needs to listen to you abit more about what research does because then he wouldn't have made a fool of him self with his comments. I worked in the north of Western Australia and yes the wages are staggering because of living above the 26th parallel in Perth it's a well known fact obviously not to Norwoodman :):):):):)

Last time

At no stage have I said that I own a property , I VERY CLEARLY said from a researches point of view it was an awesome place to invest in against the negative stuff you' s were typing.

Would I invest in Chinchilla yes I would and am in the process now of investing there, as apart of the place I'm looking at a guaranteed rental signed contract is apart of it for 5 yrs starting at $600 per week at %8 each yr .

I have spoken to realestates there and know for a fact a very astute investor has also recently brought there , I found out by chance from a phone call from another realestate agent about another place I was looking at.

There have it .

Thank you for ur time

Oh no not another sucker with a rental guarantee and don't tell me all your facts you posted are copied and pasted from the info they have given you... There is one born every minute!! Anyway EnEgry best of luck!;)

Last edited:
For you jenko

Jenko my advice to you is to go to the doctors and got some anti depressants and than sit down and write my name out properly so you can get it right and then go back from the start and clearly read everything that I have said including the last one

Energy

Energy your the man, don't bother communicating with idiots that won't actually read what you have plainly stated.

Those rental guarantees are awesome, investors had them n place in the north, the only thing is if the rents rents go higher as they did the rent stayed the same going up each year according to it but it was a safe bet and totally stress free.

I have no doubt you would have also done your home work on who's renting it, it sounds like you are really looking at a safe bet there.

Energy some of those people have properties there and are attacking you over the positivity you brought to it, what can I say except weirdo's.

Keep up the work fellow sandgroper , I'm looking at that region now and am making enquiries over the next couple of days.

Mmm

Jenko skipper is right you have properties there and are speaking negative crap about positive things that were brought about it by my self, ur a strange cat that's for sure.

Cheerio ill pray for you

Hi Jenko

He is a laugh a minute

Do you think Skipper 1st post just joined this month is the same person as Energy ???

Or just a coincidence that he is backing him all the way ha ha

I do know Surat Basin Homes have been advertising a couple of properties that will be contracted out to their own people for 5 years but they were only paying a rental of $500 a week unfurnished if I remember rightly it was a while ago since I saw the email.

In the last 12-24 months there have been so many builders and agents selling the properties. There was Surat Basin, Vantage and one maybe 2 very small local builders building when we first looked in 2009, what a difference a few years make they have all jumped on the bandwagon since 2011.

Energy you need glasses if you read Jenko's and my posts properly you would have read that we are both happy with our investments.

What we were saying is that beware of the spruikers that are out to sell to people promising rents higher than they actually are which was in answer to Colin's original question on here. We should know we have been investing you haven't.

So who exactly are you buying from ???

You still haven't actually answered that yet have you ?

Jean

The reason also the rents r so high in the north of Western Australia is because the wages are enormous because they are above the 26th parallel.

It's been fun with you all, take care and GOD BLESS

Oh and Energy for your information these guys earn every cent of it they do 12 hour shifts 7 days a week 4 weeks on and 1 week off. That's why their wages are high but when you take into consideration the hours they do they deserve it. Plus most of them live on camp not in rental properties in town. Its mainly the contractors that work in the town that are only there for 6-12 months.

Also for your info WA have always been on better rates than elsewhere, Gove NT is even higher up but they don't get anywhere near as high pay as WA get same goes for north Queensland mine sites too.

SA don't do too bad and they are not north of the Equator, how do I know because Paul has worked in all the states on various mine sites that's how

Hi Jenko

He is a laugh a minute

Do you think Skipper 1st post just joined this month is the same person as Energy ???

Or just a coincidence that he is backing him all the way ha ha

I do know Surat Basin Homes have been advertising a couple of properties that will be contracted out to their own people for 5 years but they were only paying a rental of $500 a week unfurnished if I remember rightly it was a while ago since I saw the email.

In the last 12-24 months there have been so many builders and agents selling the properties. There was Surat Basin, Vantage and one maybe 2 very small local builders building when we first looked in 2009, what a difference a few years make they have all jumped on the bandwagon since 2011.

Energy you need glasses if you read Jenko's and my posts properly you would have read that we are both happy with our investments.

What we were saying is that beware of the spruikers that are out to sell to people promising rents higher than they actually are which was in answer to Colin's original question on here. We should know we have been investing you haven't.

So who exactly are you buying from ???

You still haven't actually answered that yet have you ?

Jean

Haha I was responding at the same time.. Yeah the thought did cross my mind, they could be the same person it wouldn't be the first time we have seen it. Ironic that someone posts twice in the forum and then starts calling people idiots! We are all here trying to help each other. The original question was how is Chinchilla going and a couple of people that actually own properties gave the facts of what is going on for them at the moment. "going to buy there" haha good one!! We aren't depressed facts are facts.

I wonder what he will come out with next and which name he will go under ha ha

The way he talks he is definitely trying to sell not buy

I don't normally respond this much but yes just didn't want people getting the wrong impression. Chinchilla will never be a Karratha or Port Headland the towns people are too sensible to let it go that way.

Nice talking to you Jenko

Jean

Back