Perth meeting?

Fiddy Mill - you can come :)

I have booked for 8 people which may or may not be enough.

Booking is under Myf (OMG I just told Interwebs my name!) in the Atrium. I've never been to The Vic so I hope I got the section right Dazz?

http://www.the-vic.com.au/dining.html

It's Friday so I'll be in Mufti but my Kaftan is in the wash.

Yep, that's the one Myfster.

Most of the folks who have put up their hand to be there have been there before.

I was planning on coming but unfortunately I can't... you will all have to have your kaftan conference without me :(

westminster, thanks for your comment on the other thread - would love to catch up for a coffee at B Bar - just PM me and we'll work out the details :)

Hi All,

I have been a long time lurker on the SS forum and have been learning so much from everyone, thank you!

I would love to meet up with you all next Friday, is that ok?

Dazz, I promise to sit on my own facing the wall.

Hi All,

I have been a long time lurker on the SS forum and have been learning so much from everyone, thank you!

I would love to meet up with you all next Friday, is that ok?

Dazz, I promise to sit on my own facing the wall.

Sure thing.
Do you still have your IP in Mandurah for short term rentals? How is that going?

Thanks Westminster......looking forward to meeting you all ! It will be great to meet with like minded people.

Hubby and I still have our first IP in Mandurah and last summer we rented it out as short term holiday accommodation.

We made good money and got really good feedback from our guests but got sick of washing the linen and doing the changeovers. We realised our time was better spent working on our business as this makes us more money so we decided to change tactics.

We noticed we were getting a lot of enquiries from people moving to WA that needed a fully self contained house to live in for a few months whilst looking for a PPOR. These people were having to look at holiday rentals because they were finding it hard to sign a lease for less than 12 months.

Since the house was already fully furnished and it was coming into winter and demand from holidaymakers was likely to go down we decided to rent it for three months to a couple from Scotland who moved here to work on the mines. Because it was a short term lease and the house was fully furnished we could charge a bit more rent and were happy to have a break from washing sheets and cleaning in between guests. :eek:

The three month lease has now expired and we are just on a month by month basis and have just negotiated a deal where we get access to the property when the tenants are not there to begin some renovations to the outdoor area which is a win win for both of us! The tenants get to enjoy the new outdoor area and we get a head start on our reno's while still collecting rent.

Once the tenants move out in Feb/March? next year and our renovations are complete we may look at renting it out again short term. We will be able to increase the rent once the reno's are complete and it should be CF+ ! YAY:D

I am here in perth and kept quiet as I am leaving for melbourne on 8th nov for a couple of days. I still felt like mentioning it just to be the part of this thread :) See you all some other time.

Would love to meet you all but don't think we can fit it in as we will be attending a funeral near Armadale at 10.30am Friday and most likely we be attending the wake.

If we could make it for coffee what is the quickest route into Hay Street?

Is Aaron going as he is the only SS member who we have meet (and I have his phone number to check if you are still there?

Cheers
Sheryn

Back