Perth property listings - under 9,000

Ummmmmm nope not keeping it. I'm going to be one of "those" people who destroy history.

The only original thing left about it is the facade everything else has had work done in the 70s or as part of the extension in the 2000s
Pretty house!
back to topic.
just me or is perth REAL quiet? only a handful of new listings across a dozen mid to high price suburbs I'm looking at this week.
The weather is pretty crap, grand final, long weekend, start of school holidays - not really the best time to list a property I guess!

Qbe

Just thought I would post this here, as they are forecasting 2% decline in Perth over the next 3 years.

Certainly the market has changed and most of the developments I am looking at have not been stacking up for a while now. Also, we are seeing an over supply of apartments/units in various inner city areas.

Its not all bad though, some markets are still strong. Trying to off load higher end stock may be higher risk now??? But of course it will be dependent on the area - demand vs supply thing again.

What do you all think?

The QBE Australian Housing Outlook 2014 expects Brisbane to outperform the other capital cities over the next three years, tipping 17% median house price growth on the back of a supply deficiency that will remain over that time.

The forecasts are from research house BIS Shrapnel

Sydney?s forecast growth from BIS Shrapnel is 9% over the period, while Melbourne is expected to see 5% growth. Adelaide and Hobart are forecasted to see 6% and 5% growth respectively.

Perth can expect a 2% decline over the three years, while Canberra and Darwin will remain stable at 1% and 2% growth.

My guess is stable pricing, with moderate 2-3% growth on houses within 20km of CBD that are under $550k for a house on full block.

My sister and her husband recently moved back to Perth and are looking to buy, and they have friends in similar situations. They want full blocks (not townhouses/villas). I think the time will come where instead of developing the R40 growing areas where the numbers don't stack up if you purchased in last 12 months(Thornlie/Girrawheen etc), people will just buy, bulldoze and build for $650-$700k and the suburbs will improve exponentially.

Just a guess though...

Just thought I would post this here, as they are forecasting 2% decline in Perth over the next 3 years.

Certainly the market has changed and most of the developments I am looking at have not been stacking up for a while now. Also, we are seeing an over supply of apartments/units in various inner city areas.

Its not all bad though, some markets are still strong. Trying to off load higher end stock may be higher risk now??? But of course it will be dependent on the area - demand vs supply thing again.

What do you all think?

The QBE Australian Housing Outlook 2014 expects Brisbane to outperform the other capital cities over the next three years, tipping 17% median house price growth on the back of a supply deficiency that will remain over that time.

The forecasts are from research house BIS Shrapnel

Sydney?s forecast growth from BIS Shrapnel is 9% over the period, while Melbourne is expected to see 5% growth. Adelaide and Hobart are forecasted to see 6% and 5% growth respectively.

Perth can expect a 2% decline over the three years, while Canberra and Darwin will remain stable at 1% and 2% growth.
I'm expecting Brisbane to grow at a sharp rate, so undervalued compared to Perth at the moment! I'm expecting about 5% growth for Perth over next year. Possibly a decline in some suburbs a year or two away. Just a rough guess! :D

Back