Perth Property Market updates

Im pretty sure you are just round the corner from me, so what road was this on? Kenmure?

Hope i dont come home to ashes:(

Yes, it's not your house. That photo was taken after about 8 minutes. Was a huge inferno! I was in the yard, could smell a funny smell like sparklers, burnt matches, or fireworks. Couldn't hear or see anything. Went inside to grab some washing, walked back out, big clouds of smoke and cracking sounds. Jumped in the car. Drove down the street. The next street was in shock, an I ntire house was in flames. Owners right arm was badly blistered and she was in inreconsilable shock. It was so quick! Took 30 firefighters to put it out. This was my backyard after they had it in control. Think I got most of the smokey smell out of my house today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.1 KB · Views: 90
you are asking us how you can predict interest rates more accurately than Westpac's chief economist?

Found some info for predicting the cash rate:

1. Look at overnight indexed swaps, which essentially map out where the market thinks the cash rate will be over time http://fxtrade.oanda.com/analysis/economic-indicators/australia/rates/overnight-indexed-swaps
  2. Look at cash rate futures market http://www.asx.com.au/data/trt/ib_expectation_curve_graph.pdf
  3. RBA interest Rate Tracker http://www.asx.com.au/sfe/targetratetracker.htm.

I live 17 km from Perth CBD in a suburb considered bogan suburb.

My work place is just 8-10 minutes. Two shopping centers (with all supermarkets, fast food places, library and all the shops we ever go to) are within 5 minutes. Major shopping center, Bunnings etc in 10 minutes. All the places I travel to (including the airport) are within 20 minutes.

A park behind the house and a nice neighborhood.

I need a navigator to go to Perth. Each to their own :p

I live 40km north of the city on the coast. My workplace is 5 minutes drive. Supermarket, medical centre, restaurants, shops, pub, beach, all 5 minutes walk away. Bunnings, Masters and large shopping centre 5 minutes drive away. Train station is also 5 minutes drive. 35 minutes to Perth on train, although we only go in to city about twice a year, if that. We live in a vibrant place with lots of community events and know all our neighbours. Would not want to live anywhere else. I agree "each to there own".

OMG, this is what I have been told.
My g/friend is trying to rent her unit in Mt Lawley, fab location, would normally fly out the door, not so in this market.

Yes, it is interesting because none of the development sites have been making much sense in terms of builds/ villas, apartments different story. However, now we are seeing an oversupply of apartments so I expect prices to fall in certain areas.

Just found out she has her unit rented now as you provided broad band as well, that was good thinking:) costing her $20 per month

Just found out she has her unit rented now as you provided broad band as well, that was good thinking:) costing her $20 per month

Did your friend end up buying that big development block in maylands? I remember you said she had it under offer but was still for sale for ages and driving past i see it has indeed sold and theyre selling them OTP.

Did your friend end up buying that big development block in maylands? I remember you said she had it under offer but was still for sale for ages and driving past i see it has indeed sold and theyre selling them OTP.

Isnt thatbeing done by builton?

No she did not go with the deal it fell over. Not sure why she pulled the pin, it was subject to finance, I think the feaso did not cut it??

She ended up purchasing on Walcott Street, but not in the hub near corner of Walcott and Longroyd, potentially great city views, selling agent Stuart Weston but I can not find the listing. Perhaps someone can?? Once again technically challenged, damn it. .

I've never seen so many 'for lease' signs out the front of houses before!

Good news is that I managed to get a tenant for the North Perth property I was struggling to get anyone into. Ended up accepting a 13mth (so not Christmas) at $680pw. They moved in a few days ago.

I also tenanted my other North Perth site for a mere $200 pw. I wasn't going to tenant it as it's in such a poor state however I couldn't demolish it yet and I didn't want it vacant causing anti social problems for the neighbours so I put an ad in the Gumtree and saying that it could be rented 'as is' and would be perfect for a tradie who wanted to fix up anything to the level of comfort they wished. In a complete deja vu moment, my tenant is an AFS Logicwall installer who posts on here who's moved over from Sydney.

Anyone demolishing houses, forget renting.... fees going up 40% right???

I will be stuck with this when I demolish a property next year, anyone else????

Good news is that I managed to get a tenant for the North Perth property I was struggling to get anyone into. Ended up accepting a 13mth (so not Christmas) at $680pw. They moved in a few days ago.

I also tenanted my other North Perth site for a mere $200 pw. I wasn't going to tenant it as it's in such a poor state however I couldn't demolish it yet and I didn't want it vacant causing anti social problems for the neighbours so I put an ad in the Gumtree and saying that it could be rented 'as is' and would be perfect for a tradie who wanted to fix up anything to the level of comfort they wished. In a complete deja vu moment, my tenant is an AFS Logicwall installer who posts on here who's moved over from Sydney.
That's great! Small world.

Anyone demolishing houses, forget renting.... fees going up 40% right???

I will be stuck with this when I demolish a property next year, anyone else????

I think there has been a lot of hysteria about this. Ultimately yes demo costs will go up say 5k or so, ultimately that's not the end of the world, just a cost of doing business

Yes you are right .... damn it:) it is not the end of the world.

I just paid $18K for my recent demo, if infact it does go up 40% that's an additional $7200. Does tick me off that it has gone up so much if this is correct, that's massive. If you have 3 projects on the go it will add up, that could be my trip to London next year;)

Back