Perth: Thoughts on the Murdoch area

positively geared or positive cashflow from a stable rental income ( from good-quality tenants ) with future capital gain as a bonus.

I hope I have understood your question correctly (?)

positively geared or positive cashflow from a stable rental income ( from good-quality tenants ) with future capital gain as a bonus.

I hope I have understood your question correctly (?)

OK, you are primarily after positive gear / cash flow positive, with CG a secondary concern.. what you need to do is analyze the rental yields area by area until you find an area (or can manufacture an increase) where the annual rental income exceeds expenses..

I hope this helps.

With the proximity to the freeway, university, new hospital being built... What are people's thoughts on the Murdoch area ?
Forget millionnaire snobs carrying baggage from the old daze, think about the future and Murdoch is hot. Have you seen the development plans for the station area - Fiona Stanley is just the start. Great area to live and invest.

Here are my tips I have found works very well if you are looking for short to medium term capital growth so as to leverage against and build your portfolio faster.

Look to invest in areas that are planned for and/or are about to go under gentrification.

Look to where the following 3 sectors are injecting money -

1/ State/Federal Government. ie Major arterial roads, New Public Transport, Hospitals etc

2/ Big Multi National Retail & Commercial type companies. ie Major Shopping Centres, McDonalds, Bunnings, Harvey Normans, Good Guys, etc. These companies spend $Millions on market research before going into and setting up shop in an area. If there was no current of immediate future demand for their products and services they would not be moving in, so leverage off the back of their research.

3/ Private People/Investors. ie Owner occupiers and Investors bowling over old houses then rebuilding new modern homes and redeveloping town houses / villas.

All these ultimately beautify and uplift an area. People are attracted to the new look/feel so start moving in creating demand.

I hope this helps.

I will also post them in a new thread.

Terry Ryder likes it, from his latest report:

WESTERN AUSTRALIA:

Star performer of 2011 – Port Hedland

Rising star in 2012 – Murdoch precinct

Don't know what his track record is like though.

Terry Ryder likes it, from his latest report:

WESTERN AUSTRALIA:

Star performer of 2011 – Port Hedland

Rising star in 2012 – Murdoch precinct

Don't know what his track record is like though.

I am getting the feeling Terry is stalking me on somersoft.

Terry, I'm just an average punter, not a property guru by any stretch.

Last edited:
Back