Please help...8 Weeks and Still Haven't Got New Tenant...Bulleen VIC

I have somewhat good'ish sort of news..........

Firstly, JessKaye, the new photos in the current feature ad do not show the TV anymore? I'm just interested that you're still able to see the old ad?

Ok, this is how my day went (well, relating to the property anyway)...

1) Rocked up at just after 9:30 to do some mowing, weeding, pruning of some bushes...to make it stand out more.

2) Had appointment with Noel Jones team leader who came across as being VERY good. She truly believes that the property is worth $400 pw but is driven by market. She gave me her strategy in terms of professional photos, 2 opens plus privates a week...all the stuff you guys have been saying!!!!!!!!! I will definitely go with her by Tuesday.......

3) Whilst I was speaking with her at 12pm in the backyard...I hear this tap on the front window...she would have seen my shocked face as I wasn't expecting anyone. We thought it might have been my PM and hour early.

4) Turns out it's someone who was in the neighbourhood who was going to inspect at 1pm but thought he'd drop by in case someone was there. After seeing the Noel Jones rep out (we had finished anyway), I let him in (he was apprehensive if I was going to be ok letting him see early) and had a real good chat with the guy. I asked him about the other inspections and he said they didn't have many people turn up, asking $400 and not as good as mine. He has a dog but is an outside dog and willing to pay extra bond...his dog has been away in a kennel for two weeks etc. He even asked if he could install locks on the windows as long as it's tasteful and would not be removed when he goes (for insurance purposes). I said it's ok as long as he communicates the style he's doing first. Had such a good chat that instead of having an hour between the Noel Jones rep and the open, I only had 15 mins left. The guy went to get a coffee and said he'd come back.

5) Unfortunately when 1pm came around, the drizzle came as well and blocked out my views somewhat. However, it wasn't hard rain. I ACTUALLY HAD NINE GROUPS COME THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the guy came back. I sat in my car for 10 mins as it didn't feel right that I'm there when prospective tenants were there. Out of the nine groups, 6 took applications (I did read up above Mary&Mat about apps on site....hmmmm...). The guy that arrived early said he'd put in an app today...but I haven't heard from my agent.

6) I spoke to my PM afterwards and let him know that I'm going to go with Noel Jones if I don't get something through him by close of Monday. It was then when he mentioned that I should request Noel Jones for general exclusivity so that the first that gets a good tenant, they will get my business! I haven't spoken to Noel Jones rep so not sure if she's ok with it. If she's not, I'll cut ties with my current PM anyway.

WISH ME LUCK...HOPEFULLY WE GET SOMETHING BY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And although I'm not responding to specific good advice...I'm still taking notes...thanks for all the advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Has Been Leased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any updates?

MASSIVE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lease just signed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Received three applications...and have just leased it out effective today at $400!

I really wanted to put on an update yesterday but didn't want to jinx the outcome until the papers were signed today.

One of the other two was also $400 but didn't want to start until Dec 18.

It is a MASSIVE load off my shoulders...it's been a tough month.

MANY THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE PROVIDED ADVICE, ASSISTANCE AND MAKING ME THINK OUTSIDE THE SQUARE.

I still have all notes taken down and I will make sure that I don't depend on the PM when it comes close to end of lease again.

I'm glad this story has a happy outcome.

I really can't thank you all enough for your support.

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats.

I'm glad it all worked out with what seems to be a great tenant at a reasonable rent. Not all stories have this sort of outcome so I'm counting my lucky stars.

Have learnt a lot from you all which will bode well for future dealings with PMs. :)

Congratulations noisuf!!!!

Really chuffed for you! Great result at $400...was it the guy with the dog? Was it through current agent or Noel Jones?

At least you can relax & enjoy a XMas with rent coming in!

YAY!!! :)

I watch this thread with interest, could someone summarise if the no application was caused by the silly rental range & incompetent leasing agent, and what made the turnaround to have 6 tenant applications.

Congratulations noisuf!!!!

Really chuffed for you! Great result at $400...was it the guy with the dog? Was it through current agent or Noel Jones?

At least you can relax & enjoy a XMas with rent coming in!

YAY!!! :)

Thanks.

Yep, nice guy with dog who sounds like he'll take of my house too.

Through current PM...if this guy with the dog does not continue with lease when it's close to expiring...Noel Jones here we come. Current PM is good with looking after the place...and lower commission.

And we just sneaked it into before Dec. ;)

...Through current PM...if this guy with the dog does not continue with lease when it's close to expiring...Noel Jones here we come. Current PM is good with looking after the place...and lower commission.

Why would the current tenant leaving make you change PM's? Have you effectively decided to make a change in the PM when the time is right?

Back