Poll: I have x Properties now

How many properties do you have right now ?

• <1

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 10 8.4%

Votes: 23 19.3%

Votes: 13 10.9%

Votes: 15 12.6%

Votes: 11 9.2%

Votes: 6 5.0%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 4 3.4%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 19 >

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My wife and I own 3.

2x I.P's returning $800 p/w
1 PPOR.
Owned by us (not the bank)
+ Share Portfolio (Direct Investment)
+ Cash Reserve

I voted greater than 19 - (25) - combined in Trust/personal names, this also includes our primary residence, 8 properties in USA, IPs and also development sites currently under construction and in the pipeline.

But I know gets raised all the time, so what the hell, raise it again, what's more important is debt ratio/equity, not number of properties ????:)

Last edited:
I voted for the number of tenancies I control, as I was confused as to what you actually meant by number of properties.

The correct answer could be taken in more than one way, as we have 'stuff' in our own names as well as a trust. We have single houses, a dual occ, a couple of blocks of units and a shed.

I remember learning about PI; reading all the Jan Somers books and others, and at the start the thought of even buying one was daunting....all that debt, etc.

At the point of owning 5; the debt was over $1mill....you get used to it.

I have read some of her books, her theory is you buy 1 house a year for ten years, then retire or there abouts ...

Interesting you got to 5 then back to one,

were you motivated by her books and strategies?

Looking back, how would your position be now if you had continued to buy?

I often think of cashing in or buying a business, because I think I would be very good at it, but if you do the sums over ten years and get the growth and receive the payout at the end ...it all seems to good to miss out on and not worth the risk to deviate from the path

Last edited:
Well all of mine have sheds, so ner :p

Yes, but do your sheds have tenants? Ner back to you.....:p

This is a strange one. Block of 3 units plus shed. All units tenanted, and the shed is rented separately. It was like that when I purchased it, so it can stay that way.

hmm were people including or excluding PPOR?

I think its right to include it in a tally, because that still a deposit and serviceability hit that people have chosen to take, that could have been another IP anyway if they chose not to live in it.

Back