Purchaing in Dunnedin NZ

Does anyone have an current knowledge or information on local market conditions in Dunnedin NZ? I am looking to purchase there soon.

Thanks,

Tim

Is this an IP, Tim? I have a friend who has just purchased an IP there for less than 80,000 - immediately tenantable for between $120-150/week. But stock seems to be disappearing fast.

Take a look at www.edinburghrealty.co.nz. There's a link "About Dunedin" with a wealth of info about buying, renting and living in Dunedin. Also a list of realtors.

Cheers,

From what I have read the Otago area in generally is on the move. With Central Otago particularly Wanaka, Queenstown, and Cromwell being very hot. Checkout www.odt.co.nz it has had some articles on the RE market in the last couple of weeks. I was looking at buying in the Central area a year or 2 ago. Hindsight is a great thing:(

Thanks guys for the sites. It is to buy IP's.

i will check out the web sites, I should be going there in about 1 week.

Thanks,

Tim

tim

take a look at Dunedin north in particular. This is the university precinct, which has the strongest rental demand, and is a short walk to the CBD, shops, cafes, etc. A lot of the older houses there can be made alot more attractive to students through simple enhancements like adding a dishwasher, coat of paint, and an outdoor table/bench.

Students are the life and heart of this part of Dunedin.

Bigfish;)

Back