Qld Fence Law

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the definition of a timber paling fence centre-line is in Qld? I have read the Dividing Fences act and it says a side dividing fence must be built on the common boundary but I can't find anywhere which says which part of the fence is supposed to go on the centre line. Maybe I'm just missing it but I can't seem to find it.

When googling I found that in Victoria the centre-line is the point that the palings join the rails but I can't find anything that tells me what rule is in Qld.

Does anyone know?

Some people worry about the most minor of things. Too much time on your hands, Renoir?

I would put my money on the centreline of the fence at worst you may be 2" better off in 50'.

The fenceline does not define the boundary, the title defines the boundary and the fence is just a representation of it. What if the fence falls over or starts to lean?

Too much time on your hands Scott? Ever thought that some people just like to do things correctly to save any possible future angst with their neighbours.

Back