RBA's February Rate Cut

Why are you celebrating ? You should be upset over the loss of NG and your investment becoming tax inefficient. :D

Nah, I'm just going to go buy another IP. Damned if I'm letting the ATO at my money! Just need to find something with a really low yield! :D

Why are you celebrating ? You should be upset over the loss of NG and your investment becoming tax inefficient. :D

It means shadow is better off now without the need for negative gearing than he was before with negative gearing. Shadow now has the opportunity to minimise tax on top of the current position from further investments. That's sounds a fantastic reason for the celebration! :D

Will be interesting to see if the FHOG and lower rates starts to move some of the stock out there.
From rent to buy should be a lot more attractive now.
As usual HSBC will be last to pass on cuts

I got an email this afternoon to say one of our tenants has given notice, I bet there is a link there!

Two of ours tenants have recently given notice. One of them is breaking their lease with 2 months left to run. The PM on that property already has a new tenants application on their table with an extra $10 per week rent rise. The 2nd property was relet with a $20 per week increase. So still plenty of tenant demand around the place.

It means shadow is better off now without the need for negative gearing than he was before with negative gearing. Shadow now has the opportunity to minimise tax on top of the current position from further investments. That's sounds a fantastic reason for the celebration! :D

Yeah, but not everyone sees it that way. A great lesson and well expressed!

LOL- Sure did. Why are CBA taking so long to announce the rate cut. They are normally the first showing off. If they do cut the full %, my rate would be 5.06%

Yeah, not impressed with NAB either which is our banker. Guess we will have to wait until tomorrow.

Cheers - Gordon

Understand people's desire to find out what their bank is doing, but its really not when they announce it, its when the rates are effective from.

WBC are from Feb 9th whilst ANZ's are 13th.

Steve Keen was pretty subdued on that grab. He was much more vocal last night on ABC radio. He certainly gets alot of airplay.

He was actually on Business Channel this afternoon after the rate decision giving as he was one of two guests giving their reaction and prognosis on rates. He re-affirmed his 2% cash rate this year and "effectively 0%" in 2010. Whatever effectively means :confused:

Futures markets are anticipating 2% cash reduction by around mid-year, so maybe Keen is more accurate than we give him credit for........:p

sorry have i missed soething. WHAT ABOUT CBA?

[SIZE="6"]CBA where are you[/SIZE].................
Finger caught in the cookie jar again.
Well that didn't go the way we planned.
Just hang on everyone while we strategise another plan of attack.
Waiting....waiting.... waiting.....
Dam it, we really didn't want to pass on the full 100bp but if everyone else is going to.....well alright then......grrrrrrrr.
Wizard and Bank West as well I guess.

Back