Real Estate Analyzer

Hi Ggumpshots!

Not currently. However I am adding in the remaining search items. I can add vacant land to the list. Thanks for checking it out! I will be sending an email out to the mailing list shortly with a new version.

Chris

Hi
Well done cmpalmer
Thanks, I downloaded the program and got a chance to try it out.
Good results although I tried O$ to $300000 and it came up with 2 of the 56 at 395000 ?? (Maybe I should try better value :)
Will keep looking Thanks
jahn

Hi Jahn!

Thanks for the input! I find that these sort of data anamolies exist with realestate.com.au. For example if you performed the query manually the property would show up in the list in your web browser. I don't know if the "form" that they input the property into has a formal field that contains "350000" but then they input something else. Anyway, my point is that I see this occurr, I will look a little more into it.

Chris

Suggestions

Hi Chris,
I sent this as a PM a few days ago but there was no acknowledgement so I will assume that you have not seen it yet.

I have a few more suggestions:
1) There is a lot of "white space" in the bottom left of the screen. Could you perhaps split the "Query Criteria" section into two boxes (selection of suburb as 1 section and min/max/house/thouse etc as a second section. Position these next to each other, going from left to right across the screen. Then to the right of min/max/house/thouse put the "filters" section. They could stretch across the screen, and "Picts" "Format" number of properties etc would display below this. This would free up the full width of the screen for the displayed properties.

2) Now that you have pretty well mastered "properties for sale", the next logical step is properties for rent. A new button would allow selection of properties for sale or for rent.

3) OK, last suggestion :) If suggestions 1 and 2 are feasible there is now the possibilty to have all the selection criteria in the top third of the screen, the "for sale" in the second third and "for rent" in the bottom third ;) This could be very useful as, at a glance, it would be very easy to get an appreciation for sale prices versus rental prices within a particular search.

I am eagerly awaiting the next release Chris.

Regards,
Chris.

Hi ChrisOS,

Hi Chris,
I sent this as a PM a few days ago but there was no acknowledgement so I will assume that you have not seen it yet.
I have to get better about the private messages. Oops, I never look up at the top area where it indicates.

I have a few more suggestions:
1) There is a lot of "white space" in the bottom left of the screen. Could you perhaps split the "Query Criteria" section into two boxes (selection of suburb as 1 section and min/max/house/thouse etc as a second section. Position these next to each other, going from left to right across the screen. Then to the right of min/max/house/thouse put the "filters" section. They could stretch across the screen, and "Picts" "Format" number of properties etc would display below this. This would free up the full width of the screen for the displayed properties.
I recently started thinking along these lines as well. I think your input is excellent and helps me develop what the actual "use cases" are. In the interim I could make it a split pane. Where you expand and contract the query/filter area. This could take just a couple of minutes, however it may get annoying expanding and contracting. There is a concept called "docking" whereby the user is allowed to move the "content/widgets" where ever they want. That way you could move things where ever you want. This takes a little more time and there are some good libraries out there to assist me.
2) Now that you have pretty well mastered "properties for sale", the next logical step is properties for rent. A new button would allow selection of properties for sale or for rent.
Excellent suggestion this is awesome.
3) OK, last suggestion :) If suggestions 1 and 2 are feasible there is now the possibilty to have all the selection criteria in the top third of the screen, the "for sale" in the second third and "for rent" in the bottom third ;) This could be very useful as, at a glance, it would be very easy to get an appreciation for sale prices versus rental prices within a particular search.
If we go to docking then this would be an easy solution. You could put them wherever you want.
I am eagerly awaiting the next release Chris.
I have a new release ready with some feedback from a variety of people. (Just testing it with a few mates to make sure its relatively stable) I am wrapping up a project in Brisbane and heading to Perth on another project on Sunday. I am trying to get the next release up within the next 2 days. I think your feedback is a good way to go and perhaps I should hit those items next.

I also think , as a priority, selecting props out of the table into a list for saving etc is important. That way you could bring the data with you as you visit a suburb and work with agents in real time. As well as, exporting to Google Earth those properties where an address exist. Unless the address exists you can't use geocoding to translate to a lat long. I have done some testing and its quite nice to see a list of properties visually with there prices on it.

Hopefully when the demo copies expire users with feel comfortable paying for a copy to support further development. I have discussed this with some forum members and came up with a sub $50 price per year was a respectable number. I hope everyone will agree :)

Thank you again for trying this out.
Chris

Hi Chris, just downloaded the prog and had a quick look....very impressive, and lots of hard work has been put into this. I'll check it out in more detail this arvo...and I'm looking forward to playing with the options. Many thanks.

Sharon

Hi Chris,
The docking idea sounds like a good compromise - see how you go.

I will happily pay a sub $50 price per year for this application.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Chris.

This download will constitute the "basic" version. I am working on a pro version that will have significant features such as "real" sales data and rental data as well
Does this means Historical sales data for the suburb you are researching?

Personally i use Domain the most but have found different listings on different sites.(not sure if its just the way i'm searching) however I have found some listings appear on realestate.com.au and others only on Domain.

Is there any particular reason you chose realestate.com.au? would it be possible to say add Homehound and Domain & have the user choose which site they wanted to serach. ?

Regards
Greg

Does this means Historical sales data for the suburb you are researching?

Yes. I am hoping to work something out with one of the major providers.

Personally i use Domain the most but have found different listings on different sites.(not sure if its just the way i'm searching) however I have found some listings appear on realestate.com.au and others only on Domain.

Is there any particular reason you chose realestate.com.au? would it be possible to say add Homehound and Domain & have the user choose which site they wanted to serach. ?
Greg
I chose rea.com.au because it was the source I went to. Yes I could write adapters and allow the user to select the site they want. Not a problem.

Chris

Hi Chris,
I tend not to use to use Realestate.com.au because I can't search by keyword BUT now because of your program I can!!!
Thankyou so much.
I really love it.
The colour coding is fabulous and so easy to use.

One question though............... How do I get to see larger photos without going to the original site?

Hi Chris,
I tend not to use to use Realestate.com.au because I can't search by keyword BUT now because of your program I can!!!
Thankyou so much.
I really love it.
The colour coding is fabulous and so easy to use.

I am glad you like it!

One question though............... How do I get to see larger photos without going to the original site?
Currently you can't automatically. You can click the "link" tab on the bottom and there is a button "view site". This launches the site in a web browser. I think you know this already. I can add another button that pops up only the "large" pictures easily. I will add it to my list.

Chris

Thanks Chris!

BTW I have been using your programme tonight and I have to tell you - I reckon I have saved hours in mucking about.

I really really really likethat you have made research so much easier.

Thankyou again.

Back