Renos needed for a small bathroom

Tiles have started cracking/expanding in the bathroom.
I'm assuming this is due to moisture seeping through behind somehow or possibly from leaking pipe?
It was actually cracking so fast and loud the other night it woke me up. :eek:
When I first moved in there were a few tiles that were loose which I thought was just the age of the place showing.
I think most of the expanding/cracking happened the other night as now a lot of the tiles in the right hand corner (where the toilet is) has come loose/cracked.
The night that the cracking woke me up, the tiles were so loose I could actually pull them off by hand.

Unfortunately I had planned on leaving the bathroom as it was but with this happening... the time has come to start renovations.
I would like some help in recommendations from some of you professionals here.

My budget is $5000 max (as long as this is a good amount for get everything done), otherwise it CAN be extended if I REALLY REALLY HAVE to. :(

Entire bathroom is roughly 3x2.

The shower itself is really small, and although I can't really extend it any wider (it already comes to within 10cm of the door), I plan on making it at least a little longer.
The bathtub will be removed completely freeing up a lot of space.
Will probably leave the toilet where it is to save on plumbing costs?
Would like to get rid of the sink and seal off the plumbing there (is this possible?) and moving it to a vanity unit where the taps are from the existing bathtub.

Doing things this way I'm hoping to minimise any plumbing needed at all.

Everything else I hope to do myself, with the help of a mate.

How hard would it be to remove the bathtub?
One other thing, the shower screen doesn't extend all the way to the floor, there's a little step up which feels/sounds like tiled over concrete (roughly 10cm). Would this be hard to remove? As the new shower screens I'm planning on getting will be a full length one.

Any ideas of how much I would be looking at?
Or are there any other suggestions/ideas you guys can give me? :)

Back