Rent including elec bills ? have you done that ?

I can't believe this !!!

Also, please look at what sort of advice you've been getting from this PM. Do yourself a huge favour and change PMs.

I can't believe this !
I 've got an email form Pm that mentioned our tenant is not on the fixed term and he has to give us only 21 days which he did !!

I checked my paperwork and I found the letter that she send us to renew his lease and I signed and emailed it to her in Nov 2010 and after a week she replied that tenant is happy to renew the lease, after that I haven't heard anything about he's on continuation lease :eek:

I think she messed it up badly, probably he didn't sign the lease but she forgot to tell me , what a mess !!!

what now ???

I can't believe this !
I 've got an email form Pm that mentioned our tenant is not on the fixed term and he has to give us only 21 days which he did !!

I checked my paperwork and I found the letter that she send us to renew his lease and I signed and emailed it to her in Nov 2010 and after a week she replied that tenant is happy to renew the lease, after that I haven't heard anything about he's on continuation lease :eek:

I think she messed it up badly, probably he didn't sign the lease but she forgot to tell me , what a mess !!!

what now ???

Bit late for your situation but I always get the PM to send me a copy of the new signed lease.

If I were you I would not provide any termination notice as requested by tenant as this is only for their benefit and you are now in a pickle, wipe your hands of both the tenant and the PM, find a new PM to find you a new tenant ASAP and submit a formal written complaint to the PM's superiors detailing their incompentence in not completing the renewing of the lease, not informing you this was not done and their dealings with the current situation.

Firstly, get rid of the PM. Secondly, don't allow the existing PM to send the tenant the termination letter because he is moving of his own accord. He has not been terminated, so why should his employer pick up the tab?

Same happened to me on 1st PM that I ditched. I sent them a letter stating as they had failed to inform me the 12month lease had not been signed, and in fact attached correspondence stated it was signed any loss rent during the changeover of tenants would be coming out of their commission.

Ended up not being charged the leasing fee instead.

Firstly, get rid of the PM. Secondly, don't allow the existing PM to send the tenant the termination letter because he is moving of his own accord. He has not been terminated, so why should his employer pick up the tab?
I can't get rid of her now, I have to give them 30 days notice, but I called her yesterday and I let her have it!!! she said I'm sorry I might forgot to tell you that he didn't sign a new lease , I said sorry isn't good for me someone has to pay the rent till end of June. She said don't worry I've already have so many enquiries re ad! She advertised it on internet and the first inspection will be on Saturday.

I told her you better find someone before 23 of May, otherwise we have a problem.

She’s on her toes now and she assured me that we are going to get a new tenant before then.

I’ll wait till she does her best to secure a new tenant and then I’ll get rid of her.

I think it will be messy if I change pm now, but defiantly I’m going to send a complaint letter to her boss and as Doovalacky said I might get a free leasing !!

I had a phone call from our PM about an hour ago that tenant gave a notice and he will pay for the next 3 weeks and he will leave on 21-22 May (weekend) .

the question is how much time notice he has to give us ? the contract will be finish 29 June 2011. I was called today 03 Mayand if he leaves on 21 May it is 18 days.

is it supposed to be a 14 or 21 days notice if the contract hasn't finished yet ??

Hi Whitehope

If he's on a fixed lease that doesn't expire until June 29 then he will be liable for costs to locate a new tenant as he's breaking the lease early. Check out the DFT site here with further information:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/T.../Ending_a_tenancy/Breaking_a_lease_early.html

I can't get rid of her now, I have to give them 30 days notice, but I called her yesterday and I let her have it!!! she said I'm sorry I might forgot to tell you that he didn't sign a new lease , I said sorry isn't good for me someone has to pay the rent till end of June. She said don't worry I've already have so many enquiries re ad! She advertised it on internet and the first inspection will be on Saturday.

I told her you better find someone before 23 of May, otherwise we have a problem.

She’s on her toes now and she assured me that we are going to get a new tenant before then.

I’ll wait till she does her best to secure a new tenant and then I’ll get rid of her.

I think it will be messy if I change pm now, but defiantly I’m going to send a complaint letter to her boss and as Doovalacky said I might get a free leasing !!
keep an eye on what tenant she puts in. you don't want a meth lab (unless you get a cut of the profits) tenant just so s/he can tick a box

Personally I wouldn't have let the company re-lease the property at all, and I'd be telling the director exactly what you feel get the 30 day period waived and pay someone else who will actually do their job!

I they know they're going to lose the property why would they bother to get a decent tenant?

An update

the first inspection was last saturday and we asked for $430 for 2 bed, 2bath , 1 garage. there were only 3 people came through and none of them sent back the application !!!
Pm said the rent is too high , that's why we are not getting any application, but I think it's because the unit is not presentable , it's so messy and dirty !!

I've already sent a complaint letter to director regarding PM not letting me know the tenant was on a continuation lease, he replied that he's sorry but he thinks they are doing their best to rent it out at the moment . he thinks we should bring down the rent .
he didn't agree to wave the 30 days notice of termination but he said he doesn't want to loose our business.

now the question is , if I give them notice , the contract will be terminated on 13 june , but the tenant will leave on 23 May , so can I get another agent to rent it out while this PM is doing their job, or not ?

another, 'isnt my property manager great' thread.
I dont have a solution
but I'm more and more pleased we self manage.
It took reading of the act and regulations, and regular monitoring of the June 30 amendments each year, to get to where we are
one of our tenants is a property manager, things she says and does, particularly when given a breach, just makes me
**expletive deleted**really long diatribe deleted**
All our properties are witin 100km, our staff are diligent,
we make sure all tenants are informed what happened to the guy who disappeared from the next apartment.
We follow up through small claims, garnishment, sheriffs at work, bank accounts, (Sheriff is FUN, very funny guys)

Also to consider...
Why is he willing to keep with the lease if electricity is included, but need to break the lease if it isn't?
Doesn't sound right.
Also you need to get yourself a new PM...this one is not looking after your best interests.

Isnt it obvious, he is in the army electricity prices going up, he wants the army to pay his power bill as well as his rent. I have found army personel the best tenants if they like the joint they dont care what the rent is and will pay above market rates. It appears he has found a joint where his power is included and probably paying a premuim for it.

Isnt it obvious, he is in the army electricity prices going up, he wants the army to pay his power bill as well as his rent. I have found army personel the best tenants if they like the joint they dont care what the rent is and will pay above market rates. It appears he has found a joint where his power is included and probably paying a premuim for it.

My husband is ex-military (australian) and I didn''t get the impression that was this tenant's reasoning for insisting electricty be included.

Hi all,

I have a question. I've just sent my pm an email to increase the rent for our IP from $410 to $425 (after one year contract which will be end on 30 June) and I've got her reply that the tenant offers to increase to $450 per week but that would be including electricity bill, and he said usually it's about $200 per quarter !!!

so what you guys think ? should I say yes ? should I make some conditions ? is it a good deal or no ?

please share your thought.

thanks
whitehope06

Yes I'm in that situation now (ADSL, Electricity, water and gas).
so far been good shape, during the winter the bill might get higher since the tenant use heater ?

Yes I'm in that situation now (ADSL, Electricity, water and gas).
so far been good shape, during the winter the bill might get higher since the tenant use heater ?

the tenant is moving out on 23 May now the question is ,
if I give my pm the notice to end our agreement , would it be as 23 May (which tenant is moving out ) or 14 june (30 days notice ) ?

considering the unit will be vacant after 23 of May.

Lease is expired, you can change agents whenever you like. In fact I think you can change and find a new one now so they can start looking for a new tenant for you.

Lease is expired, you can change agents whenever you like. In fact I think you can change and find a new one now so they can start looking for a new tenant for you.

thanks One Drone,
so who will take care of bonds, keys, taking over from tenant and all sort of things that happens after tenant leaves ?

Pm said the rent is too high , that's why we are not getting any application, but I think it's because the unit is not presentable , it's so messy and dirty !!

I've just spent the last 2 weeks doing 4 hours every night after a 12 hr shift at work and all weekends cleaning my rental up. At some points we had up to 5 people at the place.
I would hate to add up the hours but the place looks a lot better. Amazing what some repairs, patching, clean then paint achieves. My PM reckons we have added close to $100 to the rent compared to if we had tried renting as is.

Perhaps spend the time between the PM changeover and patch it up a bit.

Canceling PM's is always fun. I've found if you do it at the end of a tenancy often the final inspections/bond release don't get done properly. However putting in a tenant a bad PM has suggested is always a gamble.

if the utility bill is included in the rent, then I believe the calculation at the tax time will be quite difficult to get the exact number.

Back