Restricted Key

Hi guys,
Just started a lease and the property manager has given 1 set of door keys with "restricted" on it when there are two tenants under the rental agreement.

Tried to get another copy done at the local locksmith and the guy said they can't do it, need to get landlord signature etc. Obviously it's a pain if there are two ppl sharing one key so I am just wondering will the property manager have issues in getting a 2nd key copied for me?

Thanks.

The property manager will contact owners corp and send them permission to allocate another key to you.
Depending on the property they will either send notification to the locksmith that holds the restricted key rights to cut you a key and you pick it up or the owners corp will mail a key to your agent and you can collect from them.
If there are two tenants on a lease and the key is restricted the agent should not make you pay for a duplicate key as it's unfair to expect two adults to use one key.

I'm with xena on this one. You should have been issued with 2 sets of keys even for a one bedroom eunuch.

The extra key should be issued at no cost or request for any request for an additional bond (in NSW it is illegal to ask the tenants to increase the bond for residential leases).

Back