Reticulation - Perth

Thanks, I saw he advert.
Am looking for someone who can design a good system and wont break the bank.
Will get him to give me a quote:)

I just phoned them, they want $80 call out for 1 hour and then $50 per half an hour.

I did mention that I prefer a quote for design/install completely new retic system, rather than hourly rate.

Apparently if I want a straight up quote it would work out to be more costly due to the fact that they have to allow extra just in case there are issues??

Keep shopping I think.

I just phoned them, they want $80 call out for 1 hour and then $50 per half an hour.

I did mention that I prefer a quote for design/install completely new retic system, rather than hourly rate.

Apparently if I want a straight up quote it would work out to be more costly due to the fact that they have to allow extra just in case there are issues??

Keep shopping I think.

John
0402 278 922

His quote may not be the cheapest on the books, but it includes all PVC with Toro fittings and Hunter control panel. Will also do a cheaper option of black poly etc. Top notch work and a nice guy.

Thanks everyone.

I ended up talking to my nieces husband and he has put me onto a guy who had a retic/landscaping business now retired but does the odd work and he is coming over to look at this, he is also familiar with bores so get him to look at this.

is burying pvc or black pipe in the dirt so difficult that you have to pay someone to do it??

no mention of project size, and i agree for a huge development then maybe, but one or two pipes around the side of a house is what, a weekend of work at most?

obviously i havent worked with bores, but i have installed a few pipes from the tap to a little garden in the corner at a couple of places. just felt like playing with lego to me, hope this post doesn't sound offensive or rude...

is burying pvc or black pipe in the dirt so difficult that you have to pay someone to do it??

no mention of project size, and i agree for a huge development then maybe, but one or two pipes around the side of a house is what, a weekend of work at most?

obviously i havent worked with bores, but i have installed a few pipes from the tap to a little garden in the corner at a couple of places. just felt like playing with lego to me, hope this post doesn't sound offensive or rude...

Not offensive but personally it isn't something I'd do, I can't stand doing anything diy related and prefer spending my time doing other things

My brother once asked me to dig up his front yard for him. He said he'd pay me $20 an hour. I said I didn't need the money, but if he wanted help I'd come help him.
He told me "I earn $50 an hour, so I'm better off going to work and paying someone $20 per hour. Especially since I hate digging."

I despite nothing more than anything involving a shovel.

During my apprenticeship, whenever it was a mass brick retaining wall I dreaded going to work. Cubic metre after cubic metre of shovelling sand uphill.

Well its a little more than digging holes, we also need someone to look at out bore as its bringing up mud and looking for at options.

There are plenty of people who employ gardners to mow lawns etc, those who employ cleaners, I think if you can afford to get offload jobs you dont like why not.

MTR

There are plenty of people who employ gardners to mow lawns etc, those who employ cleaners, I think if you can afford to get offload jobs you dont like why not.
I hire someone to fix my car. I could do it myself but I really do not enjoy it and choose to spend my time doing other things. I could also make my own bread, sew my own clothes and heaps of other things I don't like doing. I am a big fan of outsourcing jobs I don't like to do and doing the things myself that I do like to do. :D

I give myself a 'rate'.
Currently its at about $200 an hour.
if i am going to save more than this per hour then i'll do it myself. Otherwise i use someone else.
The exception being jobs i enjoy doing.

Value your time. its running out already.

Re; adding a few pipes to your existing plumbing, Just be mindful that you need a back flow valve running to the reticulation.
regards

Last edited:
Not offensive but personally it isn't something I'd do, I can't stand doing anything diy related and prefer spending my time doing other things

Me too :)

Ive laid a tassie oak wooden floor, painted 4 houses and dug soakwells for 1 plus other assorted jobs.

My sweat equity days are in the past, thankfully.

Back