Rewards program on credit card

I am with Altitude too - and usually manage around $400 worth of goodies each year. Everything goes on it and it is always paid out in full each month. I have just cashed in for a "Drive a V8 car experience" for son who will turn 18 in January, for his 18th! And still have some points left over for me. I also do 'fly buys' with a business National Credit card - and cash in around $300 a year on vouchers with that one.

oooooo - is that higher than platinum? - something to aim for (a disposable income, and hence, expenses high enough to qualify).

Yeah.... annual card fee of around $4,300 and a minimum spend of $250,000 per year on the card......:eek:

Formal name is AMEX Centurion Card

Cheers,

The Y-man

Yeah.... annual card fee of around $4,300 and a minimum spend of $250,000 per year on the card......:eek:

Formal name is AMEX Centurion Card

Cheers,

The Y-man

From memory, that's the one where you can accrue points towards a trip into outer space. One of those plane thingy's that leaves the earth's orbit for a couple mins.

Dont pay fees on credit cards call up and say you want to cancel the card they will transfer you to the retention section who will wave the fees to retain you as a customer.

If they call your bluff then tell them you want to think about it then try the same trick the next day until you get someone that will play the game.

We have had a ANZ frequent flyer VISA and ANZ fequent flyer Diners cards for 5 years and have never paid any fees and for most of the time we were getting 2 points per dollar spent. This was particularly nice when we bought the plasma tv a few years ago got 7000 points in one hit.

Back