robot vacuum cleaner

ive just inherited a white cat - goes well on my dark carpets.
anyway anyone have a robot vacuum cleaner? how does it go?
im sick of vacuuming every 3 days.
id put the cat outside but shed get sunburnt

I just bought one of these and we've given it a try and it does work. I've got it sitting in my office and not working now because we are painting our house and there is stuff from decks sitting in our living rooms.

I did try it in our downstairs living room and it got stuck somewhere and didn't finish cleaning, but turned itself off, but there is a pool table sitting on a carpet square on top of the normal carpet and a few things on the floor that are not usually there, so I will wait until we get sorted before setting it up again.

So far, so good.

I paid $200 on one of those daily deals. You can get one from ebay if you cannot find a $200 model. My friend paid $500 for an iRobot which she loves and her mum has one too.

I paid $200 on one of those daily deals. You can get one from ebay if you cannot find a $200 model. My friend paid $500 for an iRobot which she loves and her mum has one too.
Do they work well on carpet?
Is it powerful enough?
Do you need to clean it very often?

The room we tried it in worked well, picked up a lot of dirt. We tried it on a timber floor and it picked up obvious rubbish. I haven't given it a good run on the polished floors (hoping it will pick up the dust under couches and sideboards) because of the deck furniture scattered about while we paint.

I'm happy with it so far, but need to clear the rooms so that it can get around before I try it again.

We did try it near the top of the stairs and it does back away from the drop. I'm impressed so far.

Why does every problem have to be solved with a trip to the shops to purchase more electric goods. You've survived so far without a robot vacuum and countless people have owned white cats for generations without robot vacuum cleaners. There must be other solutions to your problem.

* put up with the cat hairs
* get rid of the cat, you inherited it, do you really want it?
* put the cat out side, I'm sure it will find shade
* brush the cat daily to remove loose hair, it will be a lot easier than vacuuming
*vacuum every three days

ps. learn how to use appostrophes (I couldn't work out why your shed would get sunburnt)

Why does every problem have to be solved with a trip to the shops to purchase more electric goods. You've survived so far without a robot vacuum and countless people have owned white cats for generations without robot vacuum cleaners. There must be other solutions to your problem.

* put up with the cat hairs - no* get rid of the cat, you inherited it, do you really want it?yes its my parents
* put the cat out side, I'm sure it will find shade no* brush the cat daily to remove loose hair, it will be a lot easier than vacuuming its hot in melbourne and malting
*vacuum every three days i dont have the time
ps. learn how to use appostrophes (I couldn't work out why your shed would get sunburnt)

if i wanna use just type on my laptop on these forums i will, i cant be stuffed checking my grammer as I dont need too. i do that all day at work so why bother

by the way, i can spend my money on what I want, i earn it i can spend it. my vacuum cleaner needs replacing, it was a hand me down from my grandfather years ago when i bought my first house, also at 200 odd dollars seems good.

* brush the cat daily to remove loose hair, it will be a lot easier than vacuuming
*vacuum every three days

For that matter, why bother with ANY type of electric vacuum cleaner when a good old straw broom would do the job, even if you had to use it every day :D.

You having a bad day Graingrower? :D

Wow!

Wow! i have heard about this robot vacuum cleaner but thought they cost a bomb! You are the first ones i know using them...WHERE HAVE I BEEN??:eek:

Can you let me have a link to where i can get them from? Or even a pic of the model ? Sounds like it is doing an okay job (ie for someone whose standards of housekeeping is not too high eh?)

I AM KEEN!:p Housework for me is on the same par as fishing /playing golf /watching paint dry....(okay, get ready to dodge :D)

I got mine from one of those daily deal emails that hit my inbox every morning. Most I just delete after a quick glance, but this one interested me.

We have a two story house and I get sick of dragging the vac up and down the stairs, so our plan is to leave one downstairs and one upstairs.

At $200 it was worth the gamble. It does work, but as I said, we have too much "stuff" sitting where it doesn't usually live whilst we paint to set it up now.

It is very clever though and bumps into furniture, backs up turns slightly and continues. Does a good job of cleaning. Mine is a CleanMate QQ-2L. Since buying it there was another offer a week or so ago for the same model. If you sign up to some of the daily deal emails and wait, I'm sure they will come through again, or google it. The company I bought through was Impact Media and they have a website with the one I bought for $500. Better to wait for the specials.

I just googled "impact media robot vacuum" and this is the link to one of the specials

http://deals.com.au/7316

This deal is over but you could call and see if there is another offer planned.

The one I bought is listed at $500 on their site, but the deal was $200.

I was wary because the iRobot that my friend and her mum have was around $500 and they both love it. However, the one we bought works well, doesn't look cheap or nasty, and I prefer $200 :D.

How often do you need to clear the dust bin or clean the fliter compared to your vacum cleaner?

My 1.5 year old boy may try to go for a ride on it though :)

I got an irobot roomba from the good guys on sale for $300 a year ago, it was great for a while, but now it has problems... keeps stopping telling me I need to clean the brushes, but they are clean. Cant set and forget anymore so we dont use it.

They might have improved now tho, and im thinking of getting another... I see there is a "pet hair addition" roomba now and the newer models have a timer you can program... a feature I wish ours had. Would be great to set it to do its thing while we were at work.

How often do you need to clear the dust bin or clean the fliter compared to your vacum cleaner?

My 1.5 year old boy may try to go for a ride on it though :)

Empty and clean unit every day, its only got a small bin.

lol... ive got a good vid of my boy riding the roomba... he loves it... come to think of it that might explain the recent spate malfunctions :)

I've only got a small room, so can forget to empty the compartment. Mine gets stuck on couple of things too, but otherwise, on the tiled floor& carpets it works pretty good. I wouldn't have bought it for the RRP either, I'd have done without. But at $200 like wylie paid for hers, I'm happy with it and have it on programme to run at 11 am each day

Last edited:

* brush the cat daily to remove loose hair, it will be a lot easier than vacuuming]*vacuum every three days

Sounds like a lot of hard work man,.,,,,

*vacuum every three days

Solution is to paint the shed and the cat in black acrylic....then the shed won't get sunburnt and you won't notice the cats fur on the dark carpet.

ive just inherited a white cat - goes well on my dark carpets.
anyway anyone have a robot vacuum cleaner? how does it go?
im sick of vacuuming every 3 days.
id put the cat outside but shed get sunburnt

Saw one of these in the States not long ago, it had me fascinated, just start it up and off it goes, yes it (this one) does a great job, (I was following and experimenting) to see how well it worked, cat hair would be the least of it's worries. Will be back in California at my place of residence will find it's brand, am thinking the same thing about one, even though I don't have cats.

Back