Roller blinds, curtains or verticals ?

No problems. If you want to see them "in the flesh" send me a PM and we can arrange an "open for inspection" at Coorparoo.

By 'roller blinds' do you mean holland blinds? Those things are seriously in fashion again? They were popular years ago and got ousted by verticals and venetians.

We have thin metal venetians in 3 rooms for privacy, and hollands in the kid's bedrooms for full light blockout. But the windows also have blockout eyelet curtains, except the kid's rooms which have non-blockout decorative curtains in nice bright colours.

When I say roller blinds, I refer to this Relfy:

2hgcnl3.jpg

The vertical blinds I don't put in any more, it's these babies, as far as I know it's rejuvinated hollands. Everything old is new again....:)

Georod, The initial constructions, I made sure furbishings were included in the building contract, for my older IP's I sussed out Spotlight in the beginning, and got some quotes from curtain/blind businesses, there wasn't that much difference, yes, Spotlight had some cheaper 'special' over time, but I also wanted someone to measure and fit them, (while I don't mind landscaping, cleaning up, painting, small repair jobs-I cannot stand twiddly, tinkering, measuring, fiddly stuff:) my fitting/measuring blinds/curtains would look a hatchet job), it worked about the same prices, plus the small business curtain lady was prepared to measure/fit the things at no extra cost. She got my business, and for that particular regional city, gets any further business off me, 1. because her prices are still competitive, and 2. she does the fiddly measuring, fitting, hanging stuff for no extra.

I am in Victoria, so no help to you in QLD, but by all means look around, get an idea of what you want, their prices, maybe some quotes, and see if they will measure/fit them (if that suits you too?)...the woman I get my blinds from has a passion for her 'work', her parents were in the same business, she is like an encyclopedia of curtains/blinds, does a lot of IP's...and I am a little embarrassed but I've forgotten most of what she explained to me, with blinds I just find what I want, with whom I like, at the most reasonable/relative cost and then delegate..:)

Kinda...

Thanks all... I might get quotes..

I also bought some "frosted" film to apply to the doors as they have huge glass panels that were covered by this massive old aluminum blind..

I have seen ugly but this one wins.. Anyway take off the door sand down lovely new paint and some frosted film and wow... Looks like a funky new door !

All for a few bucks ! And just the right light, also makes the glass safe as well as privacy ! Beat that for a great idea !

Cheers all !

roman blinds

Hello, after going through your comments, I couldn't not notice that nobody mentioned roman blinds. I think they are great for a rental unit, they don't get damaged easily and look good. While looking myself to buy some good roman blinds for my bedroom, I found this: Within our range there is a colour or fabric texture to suit any d?cor; a beautiful choice for any window making a definite impact. Made fully lined using the highest quality sateen and black out linings roman blind from our next day range is delivered to you mounted on an aluminium track with an automatic cord lock or choose the optional bead chain cassette operation. They seem like a good buy. I hope this helped you in your decision.

What do you wise ones put across sliding glass doors so that the residents can open and close the door without having to open and close the blind at the same time?

I recently replaced the dying vertical on the townhouse balcony with an aluminium cordless vertical because I couldn't think of anything else. Our PPOR has timber venetians and at the slider there is a blind in front of the fixed glass and nothing in front of the door.

Our properties all have either eyelet topped curtains (easy to use, no prongs to lose, pretty foolproof) or timber venetians. The timber venetians are not my favourite because they make the room very dark, so as they need replacing, we put up slimline aluminium venetians if anything is required (or eyelets). I buy them on sale or via ebay and keep a stash here at home so I don't have to go out and pay full price when I need them.

Blinds for sliding door

Hi angle I bought these blinds for my sliding door from
IKEA. Just love the system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 118
Hey all,

Any advice on roller blinds, or curtains vs verticals in a rental unit.

Roller blinds seem more modern to me?
Verticals maybe easier ? But older feel?
Curtains ? Not sure basics tab curtains might be ok?

Any advice from experience?

I just ran the numbers on all three and roller blinds came out cheaper. I did an online quote, printed it out and took it to my local blind maker. The owner agreed to price match although that is not their policy as such. They are nicely made, look great and feel more substantial than verticals/venentians. I found curtains to be quite expensive and they didn't match the style of decor I am installing.

Back