Roof repairs/tidy up.

Hi

The tin roof on one of my iP's is starting to look a bit messy/daggy,and I was wondering what my options were, considering it will be re-advertised for rental soon i would like it to be looking its best.

The sheets of roofing are starting to look a bit loose almost you could say lifting,and very light surface rust through the green colour the roof is.

Having no knowledge about roofing,I was wondering is there a way to reseat/screw down the sheets and as far the surface rust goes can you just tidy it up and the re coat the sheets in some sort of paint.

Has anyone had similar experience with this sort of situation?

And now I have discovered that the roof is leaking at the back of house....yikes!!!!

I know this is a stupid question but is the material that is layed under tiled roofs the same as tin/colour bond roofs.

I have a very good friend who works as a roofer in Perth and is moving to Sydney in a couple of weeks. He'd be happy to quote your for repairs and/or re-roofing.

the material that is layed under tiled roofs

What do you mean by this? The Insulation?

Hi

The tin roof on one of my iP's is starting to look a bit messy/daggy,and I was wondering what my options were, considering it will be re-advertised for rental soon i would like it to be looking its best.

The sheets of roofing are starting to look a bit loose almost you could say lifting,and very light surface rust through the green colour the roof is.

Having no knowledge about roofing,I was wondering is there a way to reseat/screw down the sheets and as far the surface rust goes can you just tidy it up and the re coat the sheets in some sort of paint.

Has anyone had similar experience with this sort of situation?

Depending on the roof level and if you have ever worked at heights then it sometimes pays to have a tradeperson fix the problem,but if the sheets are lifting then a screw gun 75mm roofing self setting screws will tie it back down,with rust there are several Bitumen Based Paints that will seal off the rust,then paint over with 2 coats of enamel paint but being safe on any roof is the first step,iv,e fallen off a few roofs sliding down that quick then you line yourself up to catch the gutter if your lucky and then while hanging on too the gutter while it gives way working out to fall into the tress or rubbish bins..imho..

Yes insulation, sorry I couldn't think of the word.

The plan was to get up there and screw down the sheets-then re coat the sheets.

But now there is a damn leak!!!

Thanks for the offer regarding the roofer,trouble is the property is in more a rural area.

I was thinking of sarking rather than insulation. Anyway. Time to get your b#lls out of your handbag , grab a ladder, roof silicone, paint and screwdriver and get to work. Use the roof silicone to fix the leak. Everything you need to know has already been posted. Speak to the fella at Bunnings only if you are really desperate.

Back