Rudd vAbbott

Lets get some stability happening and get back on track.

Vote Coalition !:cool:

I think the Greens should win. They will provide the stability business needs to get back on track.

Their policy of overtaxing and overregulating business and then complaining about unemployment is wonderful. Go Greens!!! :eek:

It's OK. Twitter is dominated by pre-pubescent kids who think that we should strive to have fields of rainbows populated with unicorns. In the real world, things are very different.
An extraordinary dismissal of a medium which has a huge variety of people contributing.

While there is a skew to the younger and to the left, there are people of all ages and political persuasions. It's just another place where people communicate, and as such, is not limited to any age group, religious belief, race or political persuasion.

I have met a lot of people on Twitter who I have talked with a lot, and met in real life. I don't contribute as much any more, as my free time is more limited now.

My perception when I had younger people working for me was that they all much preferred Facebook. Certainly, in the groups I've communicated with, there is very little SMS speak- grammar and spelling is usually quite good, which is more than I could say about many younger people today.

Can't help thinking that Rudd is looking unhealthy and pasty, almost puffy and podgy, tired and stressed - whereas Abbot looks fresh, fit, sharp of mind, well slept and he's ready to tackle anything.

I know Abbott exercises a lot - but interesting to see the physical difference night after night on the news

Actually that is a good point. Abbott had just done a swim at Bondi earlier. He certainly looked and performed sharper than Rudd but the lack of substance and policy was obvious. Rudd needs to get to the Gym, I guess taking on the PM job and coming up with lot of things over the last month is taking a toll on his health as he looked nervous. Abbott is also a polished debater of many years experience debating apparently.

Anyway, aussies love a battler and an underdog so if Rudd can come back next time it will be interesting.

Goodness me ... did anyone else roll their eyes at the beat up in the media about Tony Abbotts "sex appeal" comment.

Please get real! It wasn't offensive at all - he just make a joke that it doesn't hurt to look good as well.

Should put Tony and Prince Phillip in a room together ... they are both hilarious in their comments and say it how it is.

Goodness me ... did anyone else roll their eyes at the beat up in the media about Tony Abbotts "sex appeal" comment.

Yes. In the news.com.au footage you could clearly see his daughter roll her eyes standing right next to him as he said it.

We all make mistakes but the reason this made the news is because we all know Mr Abbott has a problem with the female vote, which is the only explanation for his Maternity Leave policy. So you would expect him to be hyper vigilant about this sort of thing but he let us all down again. In eleven and a half years as PM, I can't remember John Howard once putting his foot in it like this with women. It reminds us of Alexander Downer and the "things that batter" - it's just disappointing that he couldn't help himself - again. Despite his daughter standing right next to him - it's not something I would think appropriate to say in those circumstances.

Oh come on.......whats wrong with sex appeal...?

Gillard certainly didnt have any. Maybe she might still be there if she did?

get over it, it was a friendly remark about a person he knows well who would have taken it as a compliment not the usual PC crowd sensitiveness. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Difficult to imagine Abbott as a statesman representing us globally,however Rudd certainly bottled it a bit last night.Would be marvellous to just hear some kind of masterplan for the short,medium and long term with clearly determined goals which we could all adhere to and ultimately benefit from socially and financially ........Can't be that hard surely?

Tony Abbott is going to surprise all those who think he is not "Prime Ministerial" Just wait until he gets into the job of sorting out the mess of the past 6 years and see him strut on the world stage. I believe he is an extremely intelligent, good man who is able to build good relationships within his team to get the job done which of course is (as usual) sorting out the mess left by Labor.

Oh come on.......whats wrong with sex appeal...?

Gillard certainly didnt have any. Maybe she might still be there if she did?

get over it, it was a friendly remark about a person he knows well who would have taken it as a compliment not the usual PC crowd sensitiveness. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I agree and it shows he is not a machine but a real person who says real things.

Actually that is a good point. Abbott had just done a swim at Bondi earlier. He certainly looked and performed sharper than Rudd but the lack of substance and policy was obvious. Rudd needs to get to the Gym, I guess taking on the PM job and coming up with lot of things over the last month is taking a toll on his health as he looked nervous. Abbott is also a polished debater of many years experience debating apparently.

Anyway, aussies love a battler and an underdog so if Rudd can come back next time it will be interesting.

Has anyone noticed that Rudd is getting a bit chubby? too bad if it is not Politically Correct to say so, but I am certainly noticing his extra chin.

It was pretty bad form. There's enough body image issues in society without the potential PM telling us that it hurts if you don't look good.

I don't buy that and i suspect many people don't either particularly as it was done after a pause followed by a bit of a grin (?being cheeky), and their professional relationship deamed it acceptable.

The people who voiced their disgust were the people who are known left wing supporters and have a history of not saying boo when one of their own does much worse.

Infact one thought that entered my mind was that Abbott may have intentionally let it slip knowing the unpopular Emily's Listers/Lefty thought police would attack and make the Labor Party look bad.

That lot aren't such a good look for them anymore nor popular with many mainstream voters.

Didn't Gillards poll numbers really go south after the misogyny thing?
ALP shooting themselves in the foot attacking Abbott over his sex appeal "gaff".

Interesting with Fiona Scott now a household name her odds have improved. currently $1.22 to ALP $3.65 at sportsbet. It was even a few weeks ago, if memory serves me correctly.

Didn't Gillards poll numbers really go south after the misogyny thing?
ALP shooting themselves in the foot attacking Abbott over his sex appeal "gaff".

Moreso after they flogged the misogyny thing to death and people started suspecting Gillard was playing the gender card and embarking on a smear campaign.

To top things off there was the over the top 'women for Gillard' abortion comment which was timed for impact alondside the menu saga which the Liberal Party MP's had not viewed, let alone endorsed in any way.

It all backfired big time, hence why I think Abbotts comment may have not been a gaffe.

Interestingly, regarding this recent event, it was reported that Labor MP's were instructed NOT to make comments however Rudd and a couple of MP's did end up doing so.

'And where we are now'!! I would contest that we are in a pretty good place on a global scale........

Tell that to the deceased pink batt installers' families.

However, you are right, the few who benefitted from the Education revolution and made a packet ripping off the taxpayer are sitting quite pretty now I guess.

Back