Samsung Rap

Hi,

We always here of the bad things about manufactures and very few time of the good.

A good one this time:

I installed two Samsung air cons in my IP and they each came with 5 year warranty. One developed a leak 18 months into the warranty period. Rang them up and they could not get out for a bit over a week.

The long story short the repair man had to order a part and come back (next Thursday).

I get a call yesterday with an appology for it taking now 20 days to complete the repair of the air con, and I was asked if I would want a FULL replacement of the air con instead of just getting it repaired :eek: The repair is just a little pipe.

I did not take them up on this as it would have taken a week or so in extra time.

However I was impressed by the offer and gives me faith in buying a Samsung product again.

Thanks

Hope this is a good omen................

My Samsung AC installed in Dec12 has decided the indoor unit doesn't want to comunicate with the outdoor unit anymore (flashing lights) and I am waiting for their service agent to come next week to start the repair process.

fingers crossed.

Sorry..... we bought a new Samsung fridge and it crapped itself within a year..... took over 6 weeks to get it repaired with very poor service and lots of missed promises.

We were without a fridge for 6 wks in the middle of a Brisbane summer with a new-born baby! Never buying Samsung again... :mad:

unfortuantely I took a risk and as I could get this unit $400-$500 cheaper than an equivalent Panasonic or MHI which covered the install costs so I went for the cheap option as I will be hopefully selling soon. Hopefully it will be fixed without any issues and as its not a fridge then timeframe is not as important. But this has just confirmed my view for future long term purchases.

Sounds like I maybe just lucky then. Either way I am happy with my Samsung at this point in time and can only comment on my own experience.

Then again my Mitsubishi/s (spelling) in my PPOR have never faulted at all (most likely going to regret say this) 5 year + now, apart from a gecho shorting a circuit board don't think this counts as a fault of the unit.

Wooble66 - I would be interested if it does take over 20 days if they give you the same offer?

Thanks
Brian

Our Samsung TV blew up for no reason, we just had to wait a bit (as in I can't remember how long and it didn't bother apparently) for parts replacement that's all, otherwise good service

service guy came out on Wed (8/2) and removed a control board from the indoor unit and a main board from the outdoor unit and left saying he would order the new parts and come back asap.

now the waiting game.............took a week to come out from when i reported the fault (1/2) so hopefully will not be long if samsung has the parts available. fingers crossed.

no offers yet!

I've experienced a mixed bag response from Samsung through friends. With their TV's their after support was good but not with their fridges. I've heard Samsung aircons not lasting their distance and thats why the 5 yr warranties to allay those fears - but then again my recent new MHI heat pump started p*issing liquid just 6 months after installation into my IP. Hope its the installation not the unit thats crapped.

Update:

Service guy came back with parts on Wed (29/2) and replaced the main control board from the outdoor unit and then found the outdoor fan to be faulty so replaced that as well. He stated that he carried new fans in his vehicle as they are a common fault in the newer units due to some manufactuing issu but this has been fixed as the new fan was a different model. This indoor unit was OK so nothing replaced in that.

All good now with fingers still crossed.

Overall happy with the service from Samsung and there agent (Syd App Ctr), should have been fixed the previous week (22/7) but we were away and we only are available on Wednesdays.

I've heard Samsung aircons not lasting their distance and thats why the 5 yr warranties to allay those fears

You will find all domestic aircons from suppliers that you have heard about (Fujitsu, Daikin, Panasonic, Mitsubishi Elect, Mitsubishi Heavy Ind, Samsung, Kelvinator, LG etc) all come with a 5 year warranty as standard.

But I have heard the comments about Samsung as well in regards to shorter than average life expectancy but as I am selling this year I only need it to last until then so saved on the extra outlay over a more expensive unit.

I get a call yesterday with an appology for it taking now 20 days to complete the repair of the air con, and I was asked if I would want a FULL replacement of the air con instead of just getting it repaired :eek:

Funniest thing happened today, Samsung rep rang me and offerred me the same deal, taking to long to repair as parts were unavailable so they will fully replace the faulty unit. Only issue was unit was fully repaired a week ago with new parts. Got the rep to send me an email with their direct contact details as they offered to fix it the same way should it fail again under warranty.

I have a feeling they have major issues with the ac products and this is an attempt to counter-act some recent negative public perception and feedback.

My parents bought a Samsung Series 7 plasma TV a little over two years ago and they opted for the extended warranty (5 years I think) and boy are they glad for it.

December last year the TV stopped working and Samsung replaced it with a brand new Series 8, 3D Smart TV instead of reparing it. They were able to pay abit extra and upgrade to a 64" from the 59".

My b/f and I were so impressed with these TVs we went and bought two for our brand new house.

We love our movies so I guess we appreciate a good TV. My only complaint, there is not enough 3D movies.

Back