save costs easily

hey all,

i thought for anyone who is doing some renos on their place i thought i would give some easy tips and how to ventilate your house a bit better.

• if you have a tiled roof, (or any roof for that matter) make sure you install roof vents, their only 30-40 dollars each and should take you long to install, maybe an hour. if you know your roof space then you can calculate how many you need.

• remember heat rises and roofs build up pressure inside, if they got noone to go it'll only transfer back into the house.

There are alot of people think brick veneer is not good and let me tell you being a brickie its really good, your cavity space between brick work and stud is your "ventilation" for your property and it'll cool alot faster than anything else.

• installing eave vents will make your house even cooler. for every roof vent you have 2 eave vents in your soffit will be needed. just get a jig saw and cut out the measurements for your eave vents but make sure you leave say 10-15 mm eachside so it has somewhere to screw in.

with that done you'll find your house is alot cooler in summer and your energy bills reduced!!!!

Nick

Some good tips there but id also add the importance of anticon or a similar product.

Re brick veneer, you have to ensure they are adequately insulated to avoid the single leaf brick just radiating heat into the house in summer. reverse brick veneer performs much better

Last edited:
Some good tips there but id also add the importance of anticon or a similar product.

Re brick veneer, you have to ensure they are adequately insulated to avoid the single leaf brick just radiating heat into the house in summer. brick veneer performs much better

Do you mean reverse brick veneer performs much better Sanj?

Back