Scoot airline seems to run scam competitions

Hi All

I just tried to enter the Scoot competition 'You and 11 friends to Singapore' which all sounds good.

Enter name etc, then when I press enter it requests -

Scoot to Singapore would like to access your public profile, friend list and likes.

What would be the ramification of agreeing to this. They send spam to all your friends?

I shudder to think, so decline and low and behold you can not enter the competition.

What's the answer, apart from the obvious don't bother:(, set up a single entry FB page filled with limited info just to enter these sort of things.

The other thing is that this competition is run in conjunction with a timeshare outfit called Wyndam vacation resort so no doubt an earful of bad marketing if you did win.

The other thing that seems odd is that normally competitions has some sort of authority number issued by the lotteries office but there is absolutely no reference to any permit number whatsoever. Thus I would be very suspect about the validity of any draw as obviously it is solely at Scoot and Wyndham's discretion.

Anybody enter these sort of things and what is your experience or is it just one big come on.

the number of friends you have on FB generally has a weighting on the winner of the comp. seen these scams before....and they are scams. timeshare advertising GALORE.

Back