See Change and Richard Feynman . let's hype the sydney market thread .

So, I had a West Ryde unit valued in about Sept 2014 at $390k. I've had it valued again, this time it was valued at $550k. That's an extra $160k in 8 months!!! (41% increase!)

It was done via CBA both times, and no work has been done to the place in the meantime.
Now whoever valued it at $390k September last year, so unbelievable. So much happier this time around.

So, I had a West Ryde unit valued in about Sept 2014 at $390k. I've had it valued again, this time it was valued at $550k. That's an extra $160k in 8 months!!! (41% increase!)

It was done via CBA both times, and no work has been done to the place in the meantime.
Now whoever valued it at $390k September last year, so unbelievable. So much happier this time around.

Strange... When i got my unit revalued after 6 months.. the bank refused to give me the current valuation and instead told me that the previous valuer valued my unit too low, and they can't give me big jump....

Just attended an auction in Pendle Hill, 645sqm, 15.3m frontage. Surrounded by commercial warehouses & aged care on one side. Sold for $896,000. Purchased by 4 buyers to build a duplex. To me numbers don't work.

This is roughly 40% growth in the last 14 months....

Agent inspected our Pendle Hill IP and thinks that they can achieve 1.1 mil. Compared to the above property, ours is 720 sqm with 18 frontage. It is also front sloping.
I'm a bit tempted but it is a cash cow thanks to the granny flat.

Agent inspected our Pendle Hill IP and thinks that they can achieve 1.1 mil. Compared to the above property, ours is 720 sqm with 18 frontage. It is also front sloping.
I'm a bit tempted but it is a cash cow thanks to the granny flat.

I think it's a good long term hold given it's proximity to Parramatta. This strong market is good for those holding. We're just up the road and we thought we paid a tad over market value. Thanks to the agent....we purchased the night before the property hit the market 14 months ago.

$1,095,000 median

Posted elsewhere but

sad to see clearance rates cluming it at 84 %

Number Listed Auctions: 556
Number Reported Auctions: 438
Sold: 390
Withdrawn: 24
% Cleared: 84 %
Total Sales: $380,281,050
Median: $1,095,000

cliff

I think it's a good long term hold given it's proximity to Parramatta. This strong market is good for those holding. We're just up the road and we thought we paid a tad over market value. Thanks to the agent....we purchased the night before the property hit the market 14 months ago.

happy ?

Cliff

Median: $1,095,000
Median: $1,375,000
So prices down 20% in a couple of months... seems like the bubble might be bursting :cool:

Reality: Other evidence suggests prices are still rising strongly, but highlighting the auction median as significant is a bit silly, especially when it's been much higher recently.

82 VICTOR AVENUE, PICNIC POINT sold this weekend at auction for $1.75m, it last sold new in 2007 for $520k... anyone else ready to agree prices are getting to (or in) bubble territory?

82 VICTOR AVENUE, PICNIC POINT sold this weekend at auction for $1.75m, it last sold new in 2007 for $520k... anyone else ready to agree prices are getting to (or in) bubble territory?

Its a pretty new house, i have a feeling they did a knockdown rebuild in that time....

Its a pretty new house, i have a feeling they did a knockdown rebuild in that time....
Hmm could've been the case... RE adverts says it's 7 years old. Either owner bought an old house, knocked it down, built new, owned for 7 years and then sold or it was sold as a new house in 2007 (& selling again now). Either way it's a big jump in value (either doubled or tripled in value depending on order of events, in 8 years).

So prices down 20% in a couple of months... seems like the bubble might be bursting :cool:

Reality: Other evidence suggests prices are still rising strongly, but highlighting the auction median as significant is a bit silly, especially when it's been much higher recently.

Hobo - Jo

Hype thread . ;)

I don't recall too many long term forumites recommending Sydney for IP's for a while .

It is getting hot now .

Time will tell how much higher it goes , if at all .

Cliff

True dat. :D

In the spirit of the thread then, how to make a million dollars Sydney style:

Buy a house
Wait 8 months
Sell the house

http://news.domain.com.au/domain/re...-million-in-eight-months-20150518-gh3nl7.html

BUT , unless you happen to me to be on a first name basis with a time lord , you can't go back ...

You can just watch on from the sidelines cheering .

I'm waiting for my 1 bedder in Mosman to hit a mill , but I don't think that will happen soon , but I live in hope .

I must admit when I seen articles like that I get disappointed in my decisions . I mean the PPOR we bought in late 2013 has only gone up around 500 k :(:(:(

Cliff

True, but that means I'll be able to chuckle from the sidelines just as easily once prices peak, don't be left holding the bag :cool:

It's highly unlikely I will ever own resi property in Sydney, but it sure is fun to watch.

True, but that means I'll be able to chuckle from the sidelines just as easily once prices peak, don't be left holding the bag :cool:

It's highly unlikely I will ever own resi property in Sydney, but it sure is fun to watch.

Mosman , manly and Turramurra . Quite happy to hold those bags long term , though if our Mosman units go up much more , there's a price for everything ...

Cliff

Back